Mazda3 Forums banner

Mazdaspeed 3 CAI Install instructions and Cleaning

11K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  spikeymike 
#1 ·
Hi folks I need your help.

I picked up my Mazdaspeed 3 CAI last week and had it installed. Unfortunately I was the first to open the box containing the CAI and realized that the installation instructions were missing as well as the filter cleaning instructions.

So I would appreciate if anyone has a PDF file of the CAI instructions specifically for the MS3 as well as the instructions on how to clean the CAI filter. I thought it would have been like a regular K & N filter but the plastic bag protecting the filter had printed on it "Dry filter do not oil"

Can anyone tell me how I am suppose to clean the filter as the two bottles that came with the kit were missing that info also :( and they smell like citric degreaser.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

Spyder

#3 ·
[quote author=MS3 Hot Hatch link=topic=71554.msg1259131#msg1259131 date=1173487309]
I lost the instructions on how to clean the filter. The info. would help too. Regrettfully I do not have a scanner for the CAI installation instructions. Anybody?
[/quote]

let me see if i can get the pdf for you guys if not i can run copies and mail them out.

#6 ·
[quote author=RonTonkinMazda link=topic=71554.msg1259150#msg1259150 date=1173488139]
here ya go
[/quote]

Thanks for the help and just in case some of you had the same problem with missing cleaning instructions for the air filter...go to AEM's website and there is a video on how to:

http://www.aempower.com/files/dryflow/filtercleaning.html

Cheers!

Spyder

#8 ·
[quote author=sgon link=topic=71554.msg1259891#msg1259891 date=1173548552]

there instruction on the plastic bottles
[/quote]

As I said my instructions are not there I have two plain white bottles. How strange is that? Now that I have gone to AEM's website I now know how to clean them.

Now does anyone have a copy of the warrenty sheet and what is the clear warrenty color for the Mazdaspeed 3 CAI and is there a difference between the USA and Canada (where I live)?

Cheers!

Spyder

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.