Mazda3 Forums banner

Do you think its marketing hype or a real possibility?

• Total voters
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
[quote author=kas79 link=topic=174527.msg3699755#msg3699755 date=1276744104]
Here is a window sticker for a 2010 speed, look at the gas mileage section. Sorry to burst the Sport-not-so-compact bubble surrounding the 3, but its a mid size car.
Sorry about the PDF if anyone can repost to a pic feel free.
[/quote]

Interesting. I've always considered the MZ3 a compact, and thought the MZ2 would be a subcompact. I'm guessing then that they consider the MZ6 a full-size car?

·
Registered
24 Posts
See i consider cars like Chrysler 300, Lincolns, buicks, and impala's as full size cars. I consider sebrings, accords, mazda6, and malibus as midsize, and cars like civics, cobalts, and mazda3 as compact. And aveo's, versa's, fiats, and mazda2 as subcompact.

Otherwise you would have a 3600lb mazda6 being compared to a 4400lb Chrysler 300C. Again this is simply going on an American perception of cars. Down here in the South where EVERYONE drives trucks, my car is universally considered a compact lol.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I look at the current gen 6, Accord, Camry and see fat bloated full size cars. The trick on the eye is that we grew up with them and they just got a little bigger every 2 or 3 years, so we didn't notice.
Think about this, the Fit is larger than the Accord was when it was first introduced to the US.

·
Registered
440 Posts
[quote author=kas79 link=topic=174527.msg3700157#msg3700157 date=1276791480]
I look at the current gen 6, Accord, Camry and see fat bloated full size cars. The trick on the eye is that we grew up with them and they just got a little bigger every 2 or 3 years, so we didn't notice.
Think about this, the Fit is larger than the Accord was when it was first introduced to the US.
[/quote]

Good point. I used to own a 1988 Accord, and it was about the size of my MS3.

·
Registered
388 Posts
[quote author=tigermack link=topic=174527.msg3699639#msg3699639 date=1276736268]
I think the 3 is a little too wide for a compact parking space.
[/quote]

It depends on how paranoid you are about door dings.
Some people I know think anything less than a half empty parking lot is 'too small' for our cars.

There has to be a measurable definition of the car classes (at least to the EPA for the window stickers)

Here in Iowa a lot of people drive trucks also.
I gave a ride to someone at work last year who asked me what MPG I get.
When I told him 25MPG, he responded by saying I was getting screwed.
I didn't ask him why he thought that, because I already knew that most people here value size and towing cap. above performance and speed.
It also made me feel good to know I had a true sleeper!

To H. with the kids and the cargo, I want to go fast!

I had a '78 Dodge Aspen when I was 18. It was 6 pasenger 6 cyl. car with bench seats. It was rated at 18MPG and considered a compact.
I think the rules have changed.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I was reading that ford was going to make a svt fiesta and focus. Maybe mazda will make a speed2 to compete with that. also what if they just took the miata engine and dumped in in there? that would save money having to develop new parts/tech for the smaller base engine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like the miata engine idea in the Mazda2, but isn't the miata motor engineered for RWD? What i would like to see is the mazdaspeed3 motor in a miata. Now THAT would be a car.

Yea my car is frequently considered "gay" by the truck crowd around here. What they fail to understand is that my little 3200lb car has just as much power and probably more torque than your 6000lb truck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm sorry but judging by the pictures of that concept ms2, there is no way in god's name I would drive that. Not unless I wanted to come off as a punk b!tch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
[quote author=tigermack link=topic=174527.msg3728239#msg3728239 date=1279147605]
You live in SF... no right to speak about come off as a punk bitch. loljk
[/quote]

Hahaha you can still be a punk bitch and be straight tho...I never said anything about being gay.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts