Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not 100% sure this is the the right forum for this, I'm just posting to show the comparison to the 3.

Yesterday at the autocross they had a Volvo representative with a new C1 S40. Of course I got a bunch of pics.

Notice the cup holders

The brakes look identical.

I Like our cluster a lot better

Key placement is different, notice the 6 speed.

Volvo turbo I-5 is a tight squeeze in the engine bay

Does the strut tower look familiar?

I guess Volvo also thinks the battery needs cooling, they handled it differently though.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Holy ugly guages batman!!!

Here is a $30K automobile... with a two-dollar gauge cluster.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Let's hope it looks a bit different when it lights up :)

IMHO, I think the new S40 looks not bad.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hmm...I wonder how that same engine bay would look with a Mazda 2.3 turbo charged to 240hp would look like :D

But yeah, the Volvo's interior hasn't got anything over our beloved Mazda 3. For a car that has a reputation for safety, it shouldn't mean that they skimp on the quality of the interior bits.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Am I mistaken or does the emblem on the steering wheel look like a male symbol? (Like Austin Powers had)

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
wow, the outside does look the same. prolly should be in the other cars section or other pics and videos. ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
That's the Volvo logo. The circle and arrow is the alchemist's symbol for iron. Volvo is latin "to roll". So this loosely translates to "rolling strength".

Groovy, baby!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Holy crap - it is an Austin Powers Mobile!

Actually, while the gauges are cheap - notice one slight difference - that $2 gauge goes all the way to 260... Of course, I have no idea what that really means, I only know that 100 = 60.... So I guess that's about 155 MPH?

It appears to have the same headlight luster, too.

·
Registered
744 Posts
cydisc said:
That's the Volvo logo. The circle and arrow is the alchemist's symbol for iron. Volvo is latin "to roll". So this loosely translates to "rolling strength".

Groovy, baby!
I had never seen that before because I have always seen the symbol surrounded by a square and the arrow just kind of blends in.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i dont care, but this one is damn ugly and i see 0 resemblance to the 3. (this also goes for the focus)...its too plain inside and for the money, i think im getting nothing in return. however, i have never been a fan of volvo, so maybe thats why. but i do love that key they have. an idea for the 05 mz 3!!!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
vartex said:
i dont care, but this one is damn ugly and i see 0 resemblance to the 3.
Look at how the S40 gets narrower as you move from the belt line higher - same as the 3, especially the HB.

Do I need to go fetch pics for you? :lol:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
LeeLee said:
Holy ugly guages batman!!!

Here is a $30K automobile... with a two-dollar gauge cluster.
Two fo one dollah deal, lah!!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Actually, I was starting to like Volvo, especially the one that Val Kilmer drove in The Saint (I think it was the s90), but this one bares some look to the 3, but not enough to warrent it's purchase.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts