Mazda3 Forums banner

Should mods have the same rights as members (mods get the same treatment as members when it comes to

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so for a good while now the forums feel like they have been dead. it is several (AND I MEAN SEVERAL) members opinions that this is partially due to mods. Not all mods, not every rule, not every day. But there are some rules that just seem annoying, incovenient, and overall detract from the "fun factor" of these forums. lets face it. mods. YOU ARE BIASED. YOU DO THINGS AS YOU PLEASE WHEN YOU PLEASE. not necissarily that you guys are horrible at what you do. but depending on your mood/personal lives, you guys often ruin our forum experience with bullshit.

this is not a rant.

this is a petition for forum members to speak up. we dont have some crazy demands. we just want to do what people in every other forum want to do. ENJOY OUR FORUM EXPERIENCE.

I AM HOPING THAT SOME OF YOU WILL COME TO CERTAIN REALIZATIONS AFTER THIS, AND CHANGE SOME FORUM RULES/ AND OR YOUR IMPROPER BEHAVIOR.

so heres how this will work, we have to keep this ORGANIZED and civil.

one member at a time PLEASE.
someone will post a problem and possible solutions to an issue that has to be covered. then i will post a poll on the top of the page for that item. once we have sufficient replies "we will change subject every 2 weeks or so" ill record the outcome on the OP and start a new subject.

MODs... please keep in mind. this isnt to bash you, we just want YOU to view the opinions of the majority of frequent members.
there are millions of incidents where you guys put us down. just the other day my thread got locked for selling something without pictures when i clearly stated i would put some that same night. my thread got locked, then a mod posted a thread selling an item with NO PICTURES. when a few members complained he deleted our posts and disregarded them until about a day later when he post them up.

SO first issue...
Problem- should mods have the same rights as members when it comes to threads? (example listed above)
option A- mods get the same treatment as members.
option B- if a valid "TEMPORARY excuse" is valid.. mods ease it up.
option C- mods should be superior and forum rules dont apply to them because of their hard work on these forums.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=coondogg link=topic=118286.msg2481860#msg2481860 date=1216735685]
:crazy:
[/quote]

lol take a vote dude. about every month or so. atleast 5 frequent members have been leaving or so. and atleast once every few weeks a thread emerges speaking out against some of this bullshit.

we just want to fix some of the problems in this forum.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
[/quote]

x2

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I've witnessed a mod(s) abusing their power for seemingly personal reasons. It's more of an annoyance than anything else. It's never really ruined a thread for me, but then again, I never really start threads and I'm usually not too involved in one particular thread.

A mod has never personally given me a problem, although I'm usually not one to stir up drama.

I think this thread has the potential to get interesting, then most likely being quickly locked. Good luck though bruno!

·
Registered
531 Posts
[quote author=brunoxmatoss link=topic=118286.msg2481866#msg2481866 date=1216735778]
[/quote]

we just want to fix some of the problems in this forum.
[/quote]

What we?

YOU!

·
Registered
17,743 Posts
some Mods do take what they do WAY too seriously!!!! they have no live when it comes to it. i can count with one hand the mods i like here

i know a lot of people have left because of the mods, i would be one of them but at the same time i dont care.

anyways.. i wont get into it now but maybe later.

·
Registered
17,743 Posts
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=118286.msg2481904#msg2481904 date=1216736516]
[/quote]

+5

If anything the forums are more active than ever!
[/quote]

eh... as more people buy the mazda3 more people join. but the forums is not like it used too be back in 04

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
[quote author=DUBS link=topic=118286.msg2481909#msg2481909 date=1216736613]
[quote author=Alec Trevelyan link=topic=118286.msg2481904#msg2481904 date=1216736516]
[/quote]

+5

[/quote]

eh... as more people buy the mazda3 more people join. but the forums is not like it used too be back in 04
[/quote]

I think that's probably because we've reached some sort of saturation point in terms of car mods...like everything has been done except some things for the 07-08 cars like open mouth grilles...so I expect once the 09 redesign hits we'll see some new stuff coming in

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I have noticed a large drop in the amount of social members in the forum. Whether this has to do with mod restriction or not, is kinda sad. I remember all the hilarious conversations with people like corbs and kspec and I wish our family was larger. Maybe complaints aren't the best idea, maybe positive advertising would help better.

As for me, I have never had a thread locked or been denied by a moderator. I guess I'm not pushing the envelope far enough.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[/quote]

+5

[/quote]

what? i remember last year my "view unread posts" button would enlighten me with ~12 pages of unread new content...

2days count?

2 pages of mostly newbs asking for "what neons colorz are de best on da mazda3"?

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
While I do agree, Alpha, bringing it up in this manner will most likely not yield positive results.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
[quote author=abalinka link=topic=118286.msg2481962#msg2481962 date=1216737827]
I don't post much anymore because of the members, not the mods.

[/quote]

Same here, but the mods are the wannabe special forces of the internet, little people who have been appointed by others to decide what it right...

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Honestly, if you have a problem with us moderators, PM Operator, MZ6ZoomZoom or MZ3sZoomZoom. They'll lay the smack down on us in private.

Having said that, you have to keep in mind that internet forums are not democracies. So if you feel like you've been a victim of some injustice, either PM the admins or find an alternative forum. I LOL when people say some Mods take things too seriously, when we spend much less time moderating truck loads of BS than you guys do bitching about us. That's why my participation in the Lounge has decreased so much. The maturity level here is about 15 years below that of the FFC, which was the reason I registered here in the first place.

As always, if you have beef with me, please PM me. I'm really not the unreasonable person I often appear to be :)

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
[quote author=alpha732 link=topic=118286.msg2481930#msg2481930 date=1216737180]
Mods just like police should not be above the law.
[/quote]

This came up a few weeks ago with avatars, and what is and is not acceptable. There are rules that govern this forum, and the mods are there to enforce them. If you think they go to far, PM the mod and ask them why they did what they did, as appose to bitching about it and pissing them off. Chances are what you said/did/posted was against a rule.

Don't take this as an opposition to what you are doing, I am not a fan of censorship in any form, but I think the mods do a fairly decent job. Yes i am fairly new to this site in comparison to some of the other members, however I don’t believe it is the mods who have driven some of those older members away.

Its really easy to blame the people who are being made acountable for keeping things in order, when you are the one breaking the rules.

Just my :2cents: :)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.