Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as the price goes, that is a funny story. I originally went to the dealer and ordered a black loaded 3 with everything except the navigation. I went to the dealer to pick it up and they ordered the wrong one. It didn't have all the options. I was severely pissed, so I basically told them that they would give me the one on the showroom floor for the same price as the one I ordered. The one on the showroom floor had everything including navigation, so they folded and gave in. I got that one for 19,500 plus tax and dealer fees. My salesman got severely reemed by his boss for that one. They basically had to eat a navigation system. The sticker on it was 23,045

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
wow, I think you have gotten the best deal so far on the boards. V. Red looks so damn sexy. Congrats on that man!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We did come out on top on that deal, my salesman was so scatter-brained, he didn't know much about the car at all, I was telling him about options on the car. Luckily I went to the dealer the day before I went to pick it up to see how it looked, they took me to the bay where they were detailing it. I sat down in it, and asked them where my car was, they said that I was sitting in it. I then replied , if this was my car, I would be looking through my sunroof right now. My salesman thought when he ordered the sport package that it came with the sunroof and the 6cd. I did everything but walk out of there and go to another dealership. I called my wife and asked her if she wanted the one on the showroom floor, the velocity red, of course she went that, 2 hours later I drove out of there with the new car.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Killer deal man! $1653 below invoice!!! Incredible!

Lunch is on you, promptly deposit $6.50 into my Paypal account. :tongue:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will scan the actual invoice from the dealer and put it on here, the one that they get when the car comes off the trailer. It shows actual invoice amounts, I will probably be able to get that posted on monday or tuesday.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I was about to ask the dumbest questions ever:

"Do you live in Atlanta?"

And I was only going to ask because I was checking out the properties around you. I have a buddy that lives in a gated neighborhood just off 575 and 92 (exit, make a left on Canton - basically right there). Looks similar.

Nice ride - watch out for the GHP!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed a GTP in the garage next to your Mazda 3 in your pictures. Can you compare the two? The reason I ask is that I currently have a GTP and really like the looks of the Mazda 3 - haven't driven one yet - but the GTP is getting up there in miles and may be replaced in the coming year. My main concern is the power drop between the GTP and the 3. Any comments you can share?
Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I do live in Atlanta, it is actually a suburb of Atl. I am actually off 85 south, about 25 minutes from downtown or so. Yeah, the state patrol out here is pretty bad, they don't play around. I got a ticket last December on I75 for doing 92 in a 70, he wasn't too nice to me. [/list]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The GTP in my garage is my company car, it is a really good car. It does have a lot more get up then the 3, but it is supercharged. Gas mileage is about the same, mid 20's or so. The 3 to me is more comfortable and I feel a lot more secure in it. The 3 has so many safety devices in it, side curtain air bags, front and rear. The best part about the GTP is that it is Free!!! Company pays gas, insurance, etc....

·
Registered
287 Posts
WOW!!! it looks great in the red!

congrats!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think I got about the same deal as you using my vendor discount for working at Snapon. I got a 5 door with everything but nav and leather for 19,065 which lncludes the tax (about $900.00), and title ($111.00). I was very happy with the discount I got, and I didn't even have to do anything.

·
Registered
327 Posts
yah Atlanta has some nasty state patrol, when I was driving there from kentucky on 85 I saw so many cops.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Very nice pics and house :)

BTW, we need a mod to correct the edited title... "Mazda3Atlkanta's..." tssk, tssk :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts