Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Simply for the styling and the fact that the 3 is Japanese-made I would buy the Mazda.

Not to mention the new Focus is hideous. The exterior is ho-hum, not really offensive, just boring, but the interior...it is UNFORGIVEABLE!!! Seeing the new Focus inside and out will make you want to kiss the Japanese engineers for transforming the Ford platform into the 3 we know.

·
Registered
272 Posts
For those of you who haven't seen the 3's ugly ducking red-headed stepchild cousin, the 2005 Focus, here you go:

http://www.wieck.com/public/*wieck_...port_date&submit_button=Search&URL=index.html

PS- They will be dropping the SVT version in order to move the SVT division to a more "upscale" market...Yeah, right. Like there's anything upscale about cheap, unrefined cars and trucks with body kits and huge engines.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Bombadil said:
Thanks for the link. The design is not as sporty as I thought it might be. Not bad looking, but on the bland side.

No one is going to confuse one with a Mazda3!

Is it going to have a 2.3L engine option?
Not sure. Ford has stated that they will "still sell a performance Focus, called the Focus ST, a four-door sedan" which will debut in 2005. Needless to say, it probably won't be as hard-edged as the SVT and I don't see how it will be any better than a Mazda 3s. I wouldn't doubt that they will use the 2.3L, unless they decide to take the 2.0L and supercharge it or something.

Either way, the exterior will never be as sexy as the Mazda, the interior will make you want to throw up, and it will never be made in Japan. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.