Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was originally looking into getting a Prelude 97' n up. Not even an SH just a nice honda prelude. I did my share of reading and drove one and thought the handling was great and had good power. Just the other day i saw a commercial for mazda3 hatchback. Now i'm just lost, it's like a new car interest. Could someone talk me into why i should go with a mazda3. Prices too, financing, the works. Thanks ahead of time.

:wink:

EDIT: Topic's title for clarity :twisted:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well... to me, a Prelude and a Mazda3 are 2 completely different cars. One's a coupe and the other, a Sedan. I guess it really depends on what you are looking in a car. The Prelude (SH) had more HP than the Mazda3 for sure. If you want a car that you can do everything with, not have to worry about trunk space for your stuff, I'd go for the Mazda3. If you're looking for a sports car, then go for the Prelude. It's all in personal taste.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very true, I see it from that angle, but I also want insight on price. How much did people take this car home and with what features? Preludes a sporty car, but i could get more features out of the mz3 and still have aggressive driving that i'd go with that. Keep em' coming

·
Registered
310 Posts
There was an ad is Saturday's paper for Rick Case Mazda and it had:
Mazda3i - Air, Auto, Power Pkg, Alloys - $15,999
Mazda3s 5-door - 17" Alloys, Power Pkg, CD Player, Cruise - $16,495
Now, some of the s's qualties are standard, but still.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah I don't know if you like to have 3rd or 4th passengers in your cars but with a Lude that would be a serious afterthought. My buddy was looking at one of those but gave up on it because besides being reasonbly fun to drive it wasn't all that overly feature rich (nothing exciting anyways) and the storage/rear seating was brutal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts