Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted elsewhere, I have a 2004 Mazda3. After a few problems when I first bought it used in 2005 (solved by a new ground) it has run beautifully ever since until this week. I had to drive 200 miles on superhighways Wednesday and again Thursday. I began to notice that when I got over about 50 or 55 mph the car started shuddering or vibrating when I accelerated. As long as I held the speed steady no problem, but at 60 mph, or 70 or even 80, it ran smoothly as long as I held my speed but as I would begin to increase speed, the vibration would increase rapidly. I almost canceled the trip but decided to use cruise control which eliminated the issue once I reached speed (unless I started to go up hill, in which case the vibration began again). It was very scary.

The car has about 40k miles on it.

Based on my reading elsewhere I wonder if it could be my right front motor mount?

See attached photos.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Len

Attachments

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
looks like the mount is shot- i had all the same symptoms on freeway's and our cars are about the same (year/miles).

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
[quote author=mimosa link=topic=138924.msg2994433#msg2994433 date=1237065465]
Note what looks like a dried up black liquid to the left of the hose crossing the motor mount. Does that indicate the mount is broken?

Len
[/quote]

My mount has looked like that for as long as I can remember. I think it's actually just extra rubber from when they cast the rubber insert in the mount.

...at least, I hope it is (because if it isn't, I've been driving with a broken motor mount for at least two years). Can anyone confirm?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts