Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder what the schedule is with Mazda's US/Canada television advertising ... you usually start to see commercials around the time of release with most cars. I know Acura timed the release of it's TL commercials in the same week of the release of the car. Same with the BMW 5. I recall the Mazda6 had commercials airing around the time of its release.

Wonder when we'll start to see Mazda3 commercials starting to air constantly ... once they start advertising a new car, they do it nonstop for at least a month to make sure absolutely everyone not living under a rock knows about it. :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
I heard advertising wont' start until January.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
First Mazda3 Commercial - Last [email protected] the movies.

The GOOD: Guy driving a Titanium Sedan GT w/GFX, then he says something like "but there's another car just like it" and the Winning Blue w/GFX appears and the 2 cars drive side-by-side on a curvy road.

The BAD: He says something like he's thinking about some girl in Winnipeg - now for those of you not too familiar w/Canada, Winnipeg, Regina and Saskatoon is what I wouldn't want to be reminded of when I pay $12+ for a movie.

Overall: Sad. VERY sad. They should have shown the car on a city street, on an auto-X course or on some curvy road, with no dumb comments and references to the lowest common denominator of Canadian cities. Just the car, maybe show what it does better than the Civic/Corolla, show its interior at night and end with the traditional Zoom-Zoom. Hey, at least the kid said Zoom-Zoom at the end, but what a dumb commercial. This will actually put some people off - Winnipeg??? Argh!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
If the car can handle Winnipeg's worthy, it's a WORTHY car!!! ;) hehehehe

j/k totally off topic, I know I know...

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I hope to see more mazda commercials. I'm sick and tired of those Pontiac, Cadillac, Chrysler crap.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Chrysler and Chevy create images. not facts.

I want teh nUmb3rs!!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I've seen that TL commercial where the road forms under it at least 50 times.

It's sad. A part of me wants this car to remain a little secret. It's sort of like a good song that you've loved for a while, and then it becomes a single and is put on the radio. After a while, you can't STAND it anymore. As much as I want the car to be a success, I don't want to see one every 3 seconds like I do a civic. If I see one at the rate I see proteges, I'll be satisfied.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I see about as many Protege's here as I do Civics and Corollas.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Kazbaeden said:

It's sad. A part of me wants this car to remain a little secret. It's sort of like a good song that you've loved for a while, and then it becomes a single and is put on the radio. After a while, you can't STAND it anymore. As much as I want the car to be a success, I don't want to see one every 3 seconds like I do a civic. If I see one at the rate I see proteges, I'll be satisfied.
Man....I'm so with you on this one.

But I thought about this before I bought my mz3. I told myself, "I buy this car for me, not for others" :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Levitron said:
Kazbaeden said:

Man....I'm so with you on this one.

But I thought about this before I bought my mz3. I told myself, "I buy this car for me, not for others" :)
same here.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
dinu01 said:
First Mazda3 Commercial - Last [email protected] the movies.

The GOOD: Guy driving a Titanium Sedan GT w/GFX, then he says something like "but there's another car just like it" and the Winning Blue w/GFX appears and the 2 cars drive side-by-side on a curvy road.

The BAD: He says something like he's thinking about some girl in Winnipeg - now for those of you not too familiar w/Canada, Winnipeg, Regina and Saskatoon is what I wouldn't want to be reminded of when I pay $12+ for a movie.

Overall: Sad. VERY sad. They should have shown the car on a city street, on an auto-X course or on some curvy road, with no dumb comments and references to the lowest common denominator of Canadian cities. Just the car, maybe show what it does better than the Civic/Corolla, show its interior at night and end with the traditional Zoom-Zoom. Hey, at least the kid said Zoom-Zoom at the end, but what a dumb commercial. This will actually put some people off - Winnipeg??? Argh!
My friend saw a Mazda3 commercial in the cinema, just before the previews.
Prolly the same as that one.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I see about as many Protege's here as I do Civics and Corollas.
It doesn't seem to be that way here in Pennsylvania. I see a Protege every once in a while, and a 6 even less. Civics I see every day, especially at school, when the kids are driving home. It's just a sea of civics and corollas leaving the parking lot.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i see tons of civics and corollas in houston... i don't see many P5's at all.. every once in a while i'll see a protege, but there may be more of them than i think... they just never really attracted much attention and blended in with the rest... now that i'm thinking of getting a mazda, i notice mazda's more.. before, i never really thought about them except for the 6 and rx-7 & 8..

1 - 20 of 45 Posts