Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
come to think of it, i've never seen the ABS light come on during a drive.

considering that at times i feel one or the other of the back wheels losing power, its supposed to light up right?

· Registered
520 Posts
Electronic Brakeforce Distribution

nono spook, what i mean is... er... imagine a scenario:

driving along a long curve, on the road there is either a metal casing/cover or a wet patch of line paint, if the other 3 wheels are on tarmac and 1 hits that patch as i am accelerating ( :D ) sometimes i feel a little loss of power to that portion of the car - its feels a little slower and i need to compensate my steering or put on more power to get the feeling right again for a proper line.

i had thought this was ABS kicking in (preventing the difference in traction for that particular wheel affecting the rest) but was wondering if the light should be coming on to indicate it was working. malebastard and steve-o have answered the question though :) (for i previously thought it was like the honda accord euro and lit up whenever it came into effect)

· Registered
520 Posts
thnx for posting that info lancair - and not flaming me for not having looked up the information myself ;) i didn't realise there are so many little details to look into! sometimes its tiring to sift all of it myself. this forum is great for that!

*ponder* so its not the ABS-EBD kicking in. well i haven't felt that problem since the 1000k service....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.