Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Im new to this forum. Im just wondering what price is everyone getting from their dealership? Helps me to know what limits to expect. I have decided to purchase the Mazda3 GT sedan but not till May/April '04

I have test driven both the Manual and Automatic transmission. Wish i could choose Manual but gotta go with Auto (The Girlfriend). I think the Mazda3 is the best bang for the bucks. Interior is sporty yet classy, the exterior looks great (european). Great attention to detail.

Can you list the price you paid for your Mazda3 (On The Road - OTR)

Here is a quick quote from Erin Mills Mazda (Mississauga, ON, Canada)

Prices are in Canadian

Since i am not purchasing it till May/Apri '04, the price below has not be negotiated

Mazda3 GT Sedan (Titianium Grey, Auto, Leather & GFX)
On The Road = $29,716

21,345 MSRP
1,000 Automatic
900 Leather
1095 GFX
------------

100 Metallic Paint (Bull shit)
925 Freight & PDI*
* Bull shit charge, i can fill my own gas tank and insert the floor
mats myself
100 Air condition Tax
275 Administration Charge (Bull shit)
100 Licensing Charge
--------------

25840 Subtotal
3876 (Tax GST 7%, PST 8%)
---------
$ 29,716 Grand Total (On The Road)

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
$29KCAD? Ouch! Very steep.

Please add your location to your profile.

Very good thread BTW and welcome to the board! :)

MOD: I would add "Canada only" to the title and make one thread for the US on this great topic.

·
Registered
171 Posts
sedan S, sport, AT, leather, xenons, moonroof/CD, ABS.. $19,200 USD.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
3s Titanium Sedan, Sport, ABS/EBD, and Sunroof Packages

19,005 MSRP USD
-300 Dealing
-500 College Grad
-500 Owner Loyalty Program
--------
19,209 w/ taxes (8.75%)

-300 isn't really great from a bargaining perspective, but the incentive program are coming at just the right time. Financing at 3.9% for 60 months with $8500 down is something like 1,500. I hope its a good deal...

·
Registered
427 Posts
That looks like a very good deal there rpc180, especially for a brand new model.

Except you should have held out for a better price on those taxes. 8.75% ... Ick!

·
Registered
117 Posts
All in USD

5 Door MTX w/ Moonroof 6 CD changer

17,200 (high estimate of S-Plan price, I love Ford discounts)
+1032 taxes(6%)
+ 10 (title)

18,242 USD 5% financing for 60 months

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the postings. Im looking to see what price i can get for the Mazda3.

btw, if you read my post (kinda long), you will see it indicates (Missisauga, Ontario, CANADA)

This will help me with negotiating a fair price for the car.

As for the posting, perhaps a US price posting my be in-order.. but hey.. where canadian... friendly eh! so why not share the thread :)

Just indicate if the price is in Canadian, US, Euro, Yens, etc...

p.s.. I wish Canada had the Xenon (HID) options.. I now have to consider either an aftermarket or order the kit from the US and install it myself.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I ordered a Titanium Grey GT sport w/ A/C, sunroof + leather.

$24085
+ $105 Metalic Paint
+ $925 Freight & PDI
+ $100 A/C tax
+ $75 Fuel tax
+ $258 Admin fee

The salesman just called me today and told me that my car has been arrived.
I'll probably go pick up my car on Wensday (need some time to get insurance ready).

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
and here I thought that 8.75% was high :?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm a noob to posting here, but have been checking the site since the summer. Thanks to ATL and Dinu for all their info!

Just put a deposit on my Mazda 3 Sedan yesterday. Here's what I'm getting:

Mazda 3 Sedan
Titanium Grey Metallic
GT
GFX
Leather (can't stand the two-tone cloth)
MT
In dash 6 CD changer
Auto-dimming mirror w/ compass, temp guage and homelink
cargo net

On the road for 29,600 CDN

They will call me this week to give me an ETA.

This is slightly under the MSRP posted on Mazda.ca.

My suggestion to anyone wanting to buy a Mazda 3 (or any car): let your fingers do the walking. Call up five or more dealers, tell them exactly what you want and that you're willing to come in and put a deposit down in the next few days. Get them to give you the on the road price. Most dealers will drop their mark-up above MSRP, which is about as good as it will get right now since the car is brand new. If you want to pay less than MSRP, wait six months and take something off their lot.

I will let you guys know how long it takes to get mine in.

cheers

AK/47

·
Registered
9 Posts
What about this Mazda Added Protection crap...

The dealer is charging extra for 48months/100K bumper to bumper protection - about $390.
What are you guys being offered???

·
Registered
111 Posts
Couldn't say, I didn't even ask the price when they gave me the pitch.

I'm not a big fan of extended warrantees. It's gambling, so why pay the money now. With Mazda's past reliability (very good IMO), I'm not very concerned.

As for the MZ3 being a first year model, Mazda did very well with the MZ6 in its first year, the 3 should be more of the same.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm just got a Mazda 3
GT Sedan
GFX package
Leather
Manual Transmission
Titanium Grey

Got MSRP + Got them to throw in the MP3 player as an accessory ($560 accessory) with the deal (accessories should arrive at dealer in about a month or two... then I come back and get them to install). Keep in mind, I had a trade-in so the dealing on the MP3 player was with the trade-in wheeling and dealing.

I'll post picks as soon as I pick it up on Wed.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm from Vancouver. Went to Signature Mazda had an ok experience until it came down to bargaining. They were unwilling to budge on the price of the M3 more than $100 and unwilling to budge on my trade in value more than $100. So I walked out the door. They were giving me harsh attitude as soon as they saw I wasn't gullible and naive.

Ended up buying at Wolfe Mazda on Boundry. They were quite nice (at the end of the day on Nov 30). They saw I knew what I wanted and I knew a lot about the car. We wheeled and dealed and got a slightly higher trade-in value than Signature but I had them throw in the MP3 player to boot (with install) which is a $600 value for me (but probably only a $400 cost to them).

1 - 20 of 244 Posts