Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we have created our Mazda3 Performance Parts Directory at our store. You can find this directory at this link:

http://store.draxas.com/store/shop.mpl?Cat=65,95

We will update the lists of products as they are released or as projects are started. This will be the best way to keep track of our Mazda3 parts development.

We look forward to working on the Mazda3 and supporting the community of owners!

Nikolas

·
Registered
315 Posts
Everything is coming soon or in development.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Mmmm, performance parts are always a plus.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Awesome! I hope to see the parts become available soon!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah, I can't wait till I finish paying of my FD. It'll be nice to have a new car that I can still mod (with class of course) and still afford gas. I'll be joining you 3 owners soon enough.

·
Registered
46 Posts
cooooooooool...im waiting
95 rx7 modified
98 civic ex coupe modified

·
Registered
31 Posts
Draxus do you have ne idea about how much Hp the H/I/E yall are developing will put out????

D

·
0 Posts
You can see a dyno graph from our Mazda6i intake here:

http://www.draxas.com/Dynos/Mazda6i-Intake.JPG

As you know, the Mazda6i has the same engine as the Mazda3s. We dynoed 128whp stock, then changed the oil to Mobil 1 Synthetic and installed our intake, and dynoed 146whp, a gain of 18whp.

We have not tested a header on a Mazda 2.3L engine, but our Focus 2.3L header picked up 12HP to the wheels. The Mazda stock header is pretty good though, so gains wont be that high from a header. We will design a header for the Mazda6i, Mazda3i, and Mazda3s that we think will make power over the stock header. If it does not make more power, we will not sell it, period.

I expect to begin testing our Mazda6i 2.3L header sometime towards the end of March. We will of course need a Mazda3 owner to test one of our headers on.

Nikolas

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
since the 6 is heavier....our whp should be a lil bit higher and if those gains are accurate i CANT WAIT...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The weight of the car has no bearing or influence on the amount of power put to the ground on a dyno. I expect the Mazda3 to make just as much power as the Mazda6. Being that they start off with the same 160hp, all mods should react the same.

As soon as we have a testable intake prototype, we will of course take the car down to the dyno for testing.

Nikolas

W

·
0 Posts
Draxas,

Your site shows a panel filter (K&N type) for the Mazda6 airbox. Is this part a drop-in for the Mazda3?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The panel filter we have is for the V6 version of the Mazda6. Our filter supplier has yet to produce a drop in panel filter for the 2.3L engine in the Mazda6i. I would assume that the Mazda3 uses the same stock filter box and filter as the Mazda6i. This will be one of the things we will look at when we have the Mazda3 owners stop by our shop on the 21st this month.

Nikolas

D

·
0 Posts
Im am curious as well. We just changed the oil in our Mazda6s V6 to Mobil one, so we will see how much it helps this engine out the next time we hit the dyno. The oil change will be the only difference in the car between dynos.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Draxas what weight of Mobil1 did you use? 5w30? I've been one of the biggest complainers about Ford switching to 5w20 in 2001 but the Duratec HE is actually a new design engine and 5w20 may actually be an appropriate weight for it. Though I'm still debating.

Also, maybe you can compare the Mazda6i and Mazda3s Mazda air filter part numbers, if they are the same you know that they are compatible.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts