Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Mazda3 in Canada (specifically Quebec) will actually carry the Mazda3 nameplate and not Protege?

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah... well it will definitly be the 3 in the US... doesn't mean it will be in Canada though. Although they're produced in the same factory there are always some differences. People on other boards have theorized that it will be the Protege, but I have a hard time believing that. I wish there was some concrete evidence.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great to hear. I had a hard time believing it would still be Protege, and you have confirmed that it will not :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
:D

Yep Mazda3 for Australia too !!!

We currently have the names of Mazda 323 Astina (for Liftback)
& mazda 323 Protege (for Sedan)

Both of these names will be going Bye-byes !!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Ahura,

The Gen 2 Model was regarded as the most stylish 323 Liftback in Australia, but was not very spacious on the inside compared to current Generation models... :eek:

·
Registered
86 Posts
dinu01 said:
Rodney: What is Activematic on your 6? Is it the Sport Automatic tranny or something else?
Hi Dinu01

Yes, Activematic is just a silly term used by Mazda Australia ( & possibly Japan) for the tiptronic style Auto Transmission....... :?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi there, I am new to this site and I expect to be an official member since I will change my '98 Pro for a '04 Mazda 3...

I have talked with my dealer and yes, it will be named Mazda 3. They don't know the price it will turn around or the equipment except that it will be almost like the Mazda6.

They say the GPS that will be available in Canada in the Mazda 3 will be a "bad" one because it will only support U.S. states and big Canadian cities (Quebec City, Montreal, ...)

They announces it will be available within the month of January, or at the beginning of February. I will pre-order mine. I hope.

-Frank

1 - 18 of 18 Posts