Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3...2...1... GO!!!

And here it is. All you need to know about the Australian Mazda3 lineup. From GoAuto comes the following information:

Neo ($21,490)
2.0L engine 104 kW/181Nm
Dual airbags
Air-con
CD player
15" steel wheels
Remote Central locking
Lap sash seatbealts & head restraints all round

Maxx ($25,490)
Adds side and curtain airbags
ABS with EBD and BA
15" Alloys
Power windows and mirrors
In-dash 6 stack CD
Steering wheel mounted audio controls

Maxx Sport ($26,175)
Adds 16" Alloys
Foglights
Side skirts
Rear spoiler

SP23 ($29,990)
2.3L 115kW/203Nm
Adds sports bodykit (unique grille and front and rear bumpers)
17" alloys
Climate control air
Leather steering wheel and shifter
Outside temp readout

Activematic adds $2,080
For Neo, Safety Pack $1,600; Power Pack $700
Cruise control not std - dealer fit option

More information at: http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/22B4FA43F5400960CA256E1C00093D8B

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and according to the article, the 3 goes on sale THIS WEEKEND!! :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good one Astaroth. A bit more information than GoAuto.

I wonder if those pictures are Australian spec cars, because if they are, that red hatch (probably a Maxx Sport, with the foglights) has red tail-lights. The Titanium grey sedan (SP23) has the clear tail-lights.

Drats!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Spook said:
Oh, and according to the article, the 3 goes on sale THIS WEEKEND!! :D

maybe for you! the local dealer here in osborne park wa ( 10 mins from perth cbd ) said they aren't getting stock until next wednesday :(

haha, but then again he said pricing hadn't been released and didnt know about the red tail lights. he assumed they would all be like the mazda6! sheesh :roll:

so spook > from that article and your post ive assumed hatch and sedan are the same price? is that right?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, my understanding is that they are the same price. I don't know where the idea that they might be different came from. Probably because of US/Canada, where they are different because the hatch is more of a sporty model and therefore more $. In Aust, the only mainstream models where the sedan and hatch versions are priced differently (that I know) are the Honda Civic and Nissan Pulsar (and I'm not sure about the Pulsar).

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey spook

i noticed steering wheel mounted audio controls arent listed on the neo. id be dissapointed if they werent included. overseas models appear to have this as standard across the range.

but i will most likely end up changing the head unit anyway, so i guess they wouldn't work anymore. actually now that i think about it, what do i care!? lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Down here in Melbourne, my local dealer told me today that the MZ3's will be in the showrooms as of Monday next week.

Although three more days to wait but at least I'm pleased to hear that the price ranges have came down a little, which means I can add more options into the car or may even think of putting new rims.

I'm just dreaming.....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Do you think Mazda will have options such as alloy wheels, body kit etc if people were to buy the base model?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Activematic said:
Do you think Mazda will have options such as alloy wheels, body kit etc if people were to buy the base model?
i dont know, but i think you'd find better rims at a better price if you did it all after market at a local shop.

because im changing the rims, the stereo and adding a sunroof - i might end up getting the neo and just the power upgrade.

hmmm....

:roll:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't know how easy it will be to change the stereo because it's all an integrated unit, like the MZ6. If I interpret the interior pics correctly, the volume control is the button in the middle flanked by the row of LEDs on either side.

Pretty sure you can get 15" alloys on a Neo as option (since that's what the Maxx has). Spoiler should be available as option, though I doubt that the body kit will be available (exclusive for SP23). Dunno about the sports grille, but MZ6 does give that option to all the different levels.

Anyone thinking of getting cruise control? I wonder if that will be steering wheel mounted. Read somewhere that it may cost around $700.

·
Registered
86 Posts
askew said:
Activematic said:
i dont know, but i think you'd find better rims at a better price if you did it all after market at a local shop.

because im changing the rims, the stereo and adding a sunroof - i might end up getting the neo and just the power upgrade.

hmmm....

:roll:
yeah i would probably like the Neo Sedan (in Winning Blue) with some options, such as 16 inch Alloys, Foglights, Rear Spoiler, Power pack...etc

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah i would probably like the Neo Sedan (in Winning Blue) with some options, such as 16 inch Alloys, Foglights, Rear Spoiler, Power pack...etc
Your probably better off getting the Maxx Sport. Since that basically includes all the options you say you want to get.

The dealerships should have the books and specs sheets already, as I got them today from my dealership

·
Registered
86 Posts
InCoGniTo said:
Your probably better off getting the Maxx Sport. Since that basically includes all the options you say you want to get.

The dealerships should have the books and specs sheets already, as I got them today from my dealership
hi Incognito !

Yes, From what I have read the Maxx Sport would probably go very close to what I would like Spec wise....

Although The interior Trim in the Neo appears to look Lighter (Brighter)
than whats available in the Maxx, which looks quite a bit Darker...

Although Adding up all the Extras on the Neo would surely not be $5000 diff ?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Can mazda fit the $1600 safety pack option onto the 3 later on if you do not choose to get it at the time of purchase?

But is there really need for the ABS, EBD, airbags considering the car already has 4 wheel disc brakes and two front airbags as standard.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That would be a definite No. It would be way more expensive (if they could even do it later which I doubt) to retrofit both the ABS and the power windows. If you are thinking about getting them (quite reasonable priced as well) get them when you place an order.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't know why more manufacturers don't fit ABS as standard and have Airbags as options. Anything that helps you to avoid an accident, is better than something that is only gonna help at the time of an accident.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A bit more information, now that I've got the spec sheets (some stuff here have already been mentioned, but I'll repeat them anyway).

- Only SP23 gets the clear taillights - all others get red taillights
- Only SP23 gets wheel-mounted audio controls (prior info incorrect)
- 4 speakers for all models, with a metallic rim on the SP23
- Where the sat nav would sit, there is no extra storage space (like MZ6)
- As mentioned somewhere in this forum, models without climate air will see a blank spot in the readout display
- the glove compartment is HUGE

Leather/sunroof/xenon definitely not options (though I'm sure leather and sunroof can be dealer-fitted). Those of your who receive the NRMA mag, I see an ad on the classifieds section for wheel mounted cruise control from $650, with 2 year warranty.

Items on the options list includes various body kits items (raised spoiler, extra plastic front 'n back etc), reverse park sensors, cruise control, plus your normal mats, windshields, bonnet/headlight protectors etc. What did grab my attention was something about LED signals?? :shock: Is that like the LED lamps from the SP23 hatch?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts