Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Ouch, that's a harsh write-up.

Mazdaspeed3 owners, you guys need to speak up and voice your opinions. I'm just a standard 3 owner, so I can't testify to what this bloke wrote.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
[quote author=rubyred link=topic=65750.msg1126740#msg1126740 date=1167539439]
This from a country that thinks salt is an exotic spice :)
[/quote]

Hahahaha!

·
Registered
509 Posts
British usually bash mazda's product and also it seems that the car was tested in rainy weather, not a good way to test a FWD IMO.

·
Registered
38 Posts
LOL, while I love my British cousins (you did after all provide us the basis for our legal system, our language and Jefferson's contributions to the Decleration of Independence (read John Locke) ), I believe we clearly have the upper hand in the areas of electrical and mechanical reliablity, without which handling, suspension and balance mean nothing. Did the names "Lucas" and "MG" suddenly slip your mind? :) And don't even get me started about my Dad's 1984 Jaguar XJ6...ugh!

Read a couple issue of Car Magazine and you'll discover the British automotive media can be bitchier than Jennifer Lopez with PMS. They are downright brutal to anything American and not too keen on many Japanesse makes, either.

American car companies may not have built many fine handling cars in the past (there have been a few successes), but American drivers certainly know and appreciate cars with noteworthy handling, suspension and performance attributes, hence the rapid rise of the German and Japanese makes in this country.

BTW

It's not true that Lucas, in 1947, tried to get Parliament to repeal Ohm's Law. They withdrew their efforts when they met too much resistance. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts