Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone driven their NEW Mazda3?

What modifications have you done to improve its performance, audio system and appearances?

Do you mind sharing?

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: soon

Genki01 said:
:D Yo guy remember do modification only after 1000km,the engine need to be prime...Dont ramm it to early or $$$$ :evil: Will be getting mine this friday.Keep you guy posted on what i will change ......rims ,intake, fuel pump...etc :p

http://members.cardomain.com/sahniboy
I called the MM service supervisor a week ago and ask him a few questions. He told me that there are no specific requirements to run-in(prime) the engine, however to be on the safe side he said, for the first 1000 km we should limit the rpm to 2800. No hard acceleration and do not stay at a constant speed too long during the run-in. Vary your speed during this period.
Furthermore he told me it is not necessary to rust-proof the car as the current technology for the galvanised metal is very good. It is also not necessary to apply paint sealant(like system6). Putting a sound dampener will only reduce any noise marginally as the car is already silent enough.
:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'll do K&N filter when it is avaliable in the market. Recently I had taken out my air filter for my soon to be scrap car and the gain in performance is amazing :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi...i'm a newbie in cars,just order m3 and only arrive in May...just wondering if we drop in the K7N air filter, will the warrenty be void??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So anyone has any modification?

Heard that the voltage stabilizer is good..... Improve fuel consumption!

·
Registered
44 Posts
hklim said:

What's a voltage stabilizer? How much does it cost? Does it affect the performance of the car? :?:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hyperstar said:
Haslan are you in Pasir Ris on Friday evening? Saw a Nordic Green M3 sedan in my carpark.

Genki01 where do you stay can pay you a visit to view your car?
I was not there on Friday evening, but I was there on Thursday evening at Blk 543 Pasir Ris for not more than 10 mins.
I think it might be someone else. Now I can see quite frequently MZ3 on the road. So far Silver,another Nordic greeen, Sherbert green, black and Titanium grey. Yet to see Yellow, W blue and Red.
I've clocked my 1K already and now enjoying every minute of my ride.

Something bad happen yesterday. I was reversing into the lot at my home when i knocked lightly the rear into a rough wall. There were some small scratches on the rear bumper but there are a lot more scrstches in my heart.
:cry:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: I'm in the west.

Genki01 said:
:D bro me stay in the west. i be away for about a week so i get back to you when i get back.I just came back from a kl trip manage to clock 170++ on my unmodified gt.Wow there was no shake or rattle on the car at that speed ,wanted to go faster but to many cars man..... :cry:

Wow you are so close to the top speed..... which is 177 if I am not wrong?

Or did you already hit the speed cut? So you are running in your car the hard way huh? :smokin:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

Check the discussion in the Singapore Mazda Forum on this topic.

Think it is the latest item for cars together with grounding kit.

halsan said:
hklim said:

What's a voltage stabilizer? How much does it cost? Does it affect the performance of the car? :?:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anybody taken up the light tuning package provided by some auto shop? Package includes
- E68 air intake
- Voltage stabilizer kit
- K&N filter
- Max Power Fuel Charger
- Denso Iridium Plugs
- RPM grounding wire etc....

At a cost of $728...
Are they any good? :wink: :wink: :?: :?: :!: :!:

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi

i have been dring my new M3 for a month , no complains abt the car, bu t the stereo sucks. anyone know how can i convert the player into MP3 ??

·
Registered
222 Posts
inf said:
hi

i have been dring my new M3 for a month , no complains abt the car, bu t the stereo sucks. anyone know how can i convert the player into MP3 ??
2 options.

1) do the hack on the stock HU so that it can accept an AUX in

2) buy the MP3 HU from MM for about $600-800

·
Registered
2 Posts
hmm..totally agree with inf..audio sucks..actually tot of adding pre amp & amp..any recommendations??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts