Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Sweet.. Im sure someone with a single disk will love this as it is one of the best ways to add more hours of music.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Fm modulator is restricted by the FM bandwith... not the best solution but so far the one available....

I can only think that a head unit with line inputs would have cost Mazda around 5 bucks more...damm

:cry:

·
Registered
51 Posts
FYI -
bestbuy has this unit on clearance for $99 right now. It was sold out at the one I went to, but they were able to locate another store nearby which has 5 in stock.

It seems like a cheap and relatively easy way to add 12 cd's in the glove compartent. The quality won't be perfect, but its certainly worth $99.

-t

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i would have put the cd changer in the glove box. i'd hate to have to stop the car to change a cd. plus the glove box is huge, and there's definitely room for it in there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have XM radio with an FM modulator i want to install. I guess the process is pretty much the same? I dont have NAV either so that's a good thing. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
i went to bestbuy yesterday, got the $99 changer, and had it installed in the glovebox. It barely fit back in there, but its in there now. I will take pics and post them later.

The guy removed the "airbag off" warning light next to the lighter and ran the wire to the controller through there and mounted the controller there.

Overall, I'm very happy with it. Next, I need an amp/sub combination, then better speakers.

-tito

1 - 8 of 8 Posts