Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a TSB on surging if your cruise control is on.'

Has anyone heard any reports of their Mazda3 just surging (moving) while at a red light? I had that happen to me recently and I had my foot slightly on my brake and it just jerked and surged.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's another problem...it doesn't happen all the time. But many people have had their dealer recreate the problem but did not end up with a fix.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Do you have your AC or Defroster running while this is happening? I've noticed that if I'm in too low a gear I can feel the compressor turning off and on while moving down the road. I have a manual, so I definitely won't feel it while stopped though.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I have figured it out. It's not the A/C or anything like that...at least not directly.
I have had a PCM update done to "supposedly" address the issue of intermittent stalling or engine cutting out.

What I think is happening is that my 3 was about to stall but the new update sensed that it was about to stall and then increased the rpm etc and this was the surge that resulted in my 3 actually jerking and moving. Of course, this is just speculation....

·
Registered
472 Posts
[quote author=ViperKillerWannabe link=topic=67511.msg1161797#msg1161797 date=1169441296]
Do you have your AC or Defroster running while this is happening? I've noticed that if I'm in too low a gear I can feel the compressor turning off and on while moving down the road. I have a manual, so I definitely won't feel it while stopped though.
[/quote]

no it happens with or without the AC or defroster on. Only happens at a stop though when holding the brake down.

I also don't see the RPM change when it does it.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I've had mine surge too. I would be moving forward at idle, and it would slowly surge forward after a brief input of the throttle about a foot. It was on the snow, but I can't imagine the delay between throttle and accelerating being that graet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a surging issue with my 3 2.3L 2006 too, but recently it went away. I used to get like a surge of power when going slow, say 1st and 2nd gear. the car just surged forward without giving it any gas. I liked it if it only does that during launch, but even if I'm going slow in a carpark it still surge like crazy......

Sammy

·
Registered
106 Posts
[quote author=sammykkwok link=topic=67511.msg1163794#msg1163794 date=1169527623]
Happens with manual too.

Sammy
[/quote]

I noticed it with my MTX when it was new - again going slowly in heavy traffic. Haven't noticed it lately, though.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[quote author=aminzer link=topic=67511.msg1190640#msg1190640 date=1170803962]
im not sure wut u mean by jerking surging, is this u or just ur car
[/quote]

I am not sure why u were born...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts