Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you prefer? Hatchback or sedan?
I already bought hatchback and Im wondering if my car looks uglier than sedans... Ive received lots of comments that say "hey, how is your wagon? I'd say.. hey foo, thats not wagon.. thats a hatchback.. you moron.." anyways , lets vote!!!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
It's a wagon, and it looks WAY better than a sedan at least IMO.

Sedans are WAY too common nowadays, 8 out of every 10 cars on the road is either a sedan or a truck/SUV.

Hatchbacks in general, whatever you call them, be it 3 door/5 door sport wagon or plain ol hatchback are unique and have the added versatility that the sedan can't touch.

Some wagons are stale stodgy things (think Taurus or Saturn) that bring back images of the wagons of old, where they were the antitheses of sporty.

Now you have so many that look good and perform well. Mazda3, Focus ZTW, Protoge5, Matrix/Vibe, Lexus IS300 PortCross, 3 series, I could go on. Wagons or Hatches or 5 doors are where it's at.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I agree it's a wagon and not a hatchback. The VW Golf 5-Door is a hatchback and you'd never mistake that for a wagon.

The defining difference is the presence of another window behind the C-pillar and the existence of a D-pillar.

I'll go along with Mazda in calling my car a 5-Door Hatch. But when splitting hairs with my fellow automobile enthusiasts, I wouldn't hesitate to admit that it is a wagon.

·
Registered
882 Posts
It's a sports wagon, at least that's what I like calling it. ;) Wagons like this are a burgeoning market again in N/A. It's a trend that will pick up steam again because they are by and large not only functional, but damn sexy too. ;)

Yeah the sedans are very nice looking but I'd take my sports wagon any day of the week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.