·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post info on your hatch:

Trim
Options

Price (If comfortable to share)
Dealer (So others can get a good deal if you did)

Your impression so far

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Okay;

I guess I'll be the first to share my purchase.

I have a down payment with a vehicle to trade in on a MAZDA3 SPORT GT(Canada). The color combination is TITANIUM(outside) with the BLACK/BLUE(interior AKA BP5). Of course I will have my Company logos placed throughout the car which is sure to get many looks. That is one thing that I am thankful in having.... a WICKED logo.

One thing that really upset me while at the Dealer and looking over the color options, is that in Canada the only leather color available is Black. I have seen the tan leather in the US models and it sure gives an extra touch of class to the car. Oh well...I guess we can't have everything.

Oh. I have ordered the car with the automatic and sunroof. I intend to also get the two-tone steering wheel (Black/Blue) and that should be pretty much it.

The car was ordered thru Signature Mazda in Richmond, B.C. So far I have no complaints with the Dealership.

I have also not been able to receive a "proper" comfirmation as when the vehicle will be arriving. It seems as though the Dealership is keeping tight lipped about the arrival of the MAZDA3. Makes sense since I imagine MAZDA is working very hard at getting rid of the Protege inventory.

If you should have any questions please feel free to ask.

Defy

·
Registered
984 Posts
Defy said:
Okay;

I guess I'll be the first to share my purchase.

I have a down payment with a vehicle to trade in on a MAZDA3 SPORT GT(Canada). The color combination is TITANIUM(outside) with the BLACK/BLUE(interior AKA BP5). Of course I will have my Company logos placed throughout the car which is sure to get many looks. That is one thing that I am thankful in having.... a WICKED logo.

One thing that really upset me while at the Dealer and looking over the color options, is that in Canada the only leather color available is Black. I have seen the tan leather in the US models and it sure gives an extra touch of class to the car. Oh well...I guess we can't have everything.

Oh. I have ordered the car with the automatic and sunroof. I intend to also get the two-tone steering wheel (Black/Blue) and that should be pretty much it.

The car was ordered thru Signature Mazda in Richmond, B.C. So far I have no complaints with the Dealership.

I have also not been able to receive a "proper" comfirmation as when the vehicle will be arriving. It seems as though the Dealership is keeping tight lipped about the arrival of the MAZDA3. Makes sense since I imagine MAZDA is working very hard at getting rid of the Protege inventory.

If you should have any questions please feel free to ask.

Defy
The only leather available in the US is black also. Beige cloth is an option on the i models. I'm glad your dealer works with you. Mine had no information whatsoever. Typical.

Congrats on your purchase! Post pics as soon as you get it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
SCHULKW;

Thanks for the congrats!!!

Regarding the pics; the way my luck has gone lately with the opening of my business you might just be placing pics of your new Mazda3 Sedan before I even receive mine.

Defy

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let us know when you actually get it also. Maybe you also wanna share with us your wicked logo? :)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I claim full responsibility for this Guest post, not that anyone cares. I forgot to log in.
Folderol did.

Does anyone think it's a little foolish to buy a car before even driving it, or are you that confident in the ride quality of the 3?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kazbeden wrote....

Does anyone think it's a little foolish to buy a car before even driving it, or are you that confident in the ride quality of the 3?
Well; this depends on whether the person is willing, and can, take a chance.

I have spent plenty of time doing research on this particular vehicle (MAZDA3 SPORT) and can honestly say that I believe that it will make a worthy purchase. I have been keeping up to date with several European magazines and I have found, and know (being from Europe myself) that if in Europe a car gets glowing reviews it usually means that the car IS that good. I really do not like to put too much emphasis on the American magazines such as Road & Track, Car & Driver and....you get the idea, because I do not like their testing and judging criterias. Too American with no skill set. Not to offend anyone.

I can also say this because in Europe there is A LOT MORE competition when it comes to vehicles. Case in point when they do comparos they usually would use the MAZDA3 SPORT with the RENAULT MEGANE, PEUGEOT 206, ALFA ROMEO 146, AUDI A3 and so on and so on which makes for a better testing environment. Not only that but in Europe the Toyota Corollas, Honda Civics are all together different from the "garbage" they sell here. They are sportier, interiors are more "done up" and they also come in Diesels.

The general consensus we have, and still exists, in Europe is that you can pretty much sell anything to the North Americans and they will buy it with no questions asked. Not so in Europe and Asia where I have also lived. There the product HAS TO BE THE BEST or they just won't sell.

Oops sorry I got carried away.

Defy

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DEFY: "The general consensus we have, and still exists, in Europe is that you can pretty much sell anything to the North Americans and they will buy it with no questions asked. Not so in Europe and Asia where I have also lived. There the product HAS TO BE THE BEST or they just won't sell."

Yep! I'm 100% with you. The Cavalier is the type of crap that people here buy but that would not fly in Europe.

Where from in Europe? I was born in Romania and came to Canada in 91.

·
Registered
155 Posts
not to mention people who drive denali trucks, suburbans yukon XL's or whatever they are and don't have to drive around a SWAT team, isn't SHAQ or some NFL lineman.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
dinu01 said:
DEFY: "The general consensus we have, and still exists, in Europe is that you can pretty much sell anything to the North Americans and they will buy it with no questions asked. Not so in Europe and Asia where I have also lived. There the product HAS TO BE THE BEST or they just won't sell."

Yep! I'm 100% with you. The Cavalier is the type of crap that people here buy but that would not fly in Europe.

Where from in Europe? I was born in Romania and came to Canada in 91.
If it was cheap enough, people would buy it.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts