Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read a post about one of the members wrecking the front end of his MZ3 on a curb...so my :?: is: has anybody had problems with scraping on inclines or hitting curbs due to clearance issues with the car.

I'm going back to Austin in a few months (hopefully with my new MZ3) and I worry about things like this because of the roads in downtown and I haven't seen one RS Camaro without jacked up lip spoilers there; however, that may be everywhere.

Thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've scraped the front once on a very severe slope in a parking garage. Don't think I did any damage to the front plastics or the underside. Cars usually have small guards for this purpose. And I was going as slow as humanly possible. I knew it was gonna happen so I went super slow. Still bottomed out a little though.

Pissed me off that I looked out the window and saw a snail going faster than me though.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I noticed that a lot of curb sides out here in the Bay Area of California are pretty high. I've avoided parking my car too close to the curb so far because I did notice that my Mazda 3s sedan would easily have it's front end damanged if I pulled in too close.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I did scrape the car on a steep incline once... but it was the idiots who designed the driveway into the shopping area. There is a small "down lip" and then a huge incline, so its basically impossible to miss scraping without having an SUV. I'm not the only one to hit this spot either, there are huge grooves in the pavement from people hitting it real hard, plus I heard two other people scrape their cars during my 15 minutes in the shopping area.

·
Registered
63 Posts
A suggestion, when attacking such a curb in the future try turning the car in a diagonal direction, eg. come at the "trouble area at an angle". One of my old cars was a 91 camaro dam thing would scrape the ground just by looking at it. My best friend used to live on a private drive with a "trouble spot". I learned this diagonal trick quite early on. Try it out and lemme know if it works for your situation......this usually works for those areas where slowing down to a snail's speed doesnt work, try combining that and the angeld approach.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts