Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As with the Mazda6, Mazda is to become a test bed yet again for Ford, as the Mazda3 will test out the chassis for the next generation Ford Focus, coming out in 2004.

Gasoline and CDI powerplants are planned.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'd be surprised if the 2.3 made it to Europe. I haven't seen anything that point to it headed for Europe.

Why are there two different diesel HP's for one engine?
And, my knowledge of diesel being shakey at best... what is CiTD? My understanding was that these would be CDI diesels (CRDI)?

Edit:

Nevermind about the CDI/CiTD definition, just read your powerplant post .

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The diesels are called differently in some country's. CDI is also the term for the diesel-engines for Mercedes. CRDI is a name that Hyundai uses. Fords got TDCi, so Mazda got CiTD here in Holland. Why 2 engines? Well..... the 90hp will be a bit cheaper offcourse (and slower). Diesels are extremely popular in the West of Europe, so if you (a brand) haven't got a diesel, you won't sell very good. Leasing is also here very common

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, from my 6club experience I know about Euro's diesel popularity. But both 110 and 90 HP versions will be 1.6L?

Also, what do TDCi and CiTD stand for?
Turbo Diesel Common Rail Injection?
Common Rail Injection Turbo Diesel?

That doesn't sound like the same thing (if my guesses are correct) as CDi... seems like it is actually a different technology?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
No it is just a name. If everyone would use the same words, then it would be pretty boring. PSA uses HDi, Renault/Nissan > Dci, BMW just "d", like 330d, Mercedes CDi, VAG (VW, Audi, Seat etc) > TDI, Fiat Group > JTD etc

And yes, the 90 and 110hp engines are both 1.6es. Just like in the Mazda6; 2.0 CiTD 120hp and 2.0 CiTD 136hp

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, TDI and CDI are totally different technologies, from what I have seen. Gonna try to get some evidence on that... to either make myself look like a fool, or maybe even semi-intelligent :wink:

·
Registered
984 Posts
HP

I heard a rumor that Mazda3 will have a 160hp engine standard, up from the 130 on the '03 Protege. Anybody know anything?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts