Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time deciding b/w the tit grey and the black after seeing these pics.

EDIT: Post title

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
The only "bad" thing I see about the black mica color, aside from keeping it clean :), is that it hides the lines of the MZ3 a little. It still looks great, but the tit gray will show the lines better while being a classy, sporty color.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i agree, i think the black does hide the lines.
that along with swirl marks, and hard to keep clean, and doesn't look that good when its dirty.....is forcing me to get blue, maybe white
still depends on my parents tho.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I love black cars, but they do scratch and dirty easily... I haven't seen a black mica in person, but from what I've heard and know from Mazda "mica" colors is that the color tends to change depending on the angle you're viewing the car at. I've also heard others compare the black to a dark steel grey.

I'd like to see the black in person. Before I thought that the lava orange was the color for me, but in person it struck my totally differently than it did in pictures! I wanted a light copper color, but the Mz3 was too orange!

You don't really notice it in those photos, but front license plate holders do not flatter this car. I'll probably take mine off and keep the plate on the dash...

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
zaimon said:
You don't really notice it in those photos, but front license plate holders do not flatter this car. I'll probably take mine off and keep the plate on the dash...
Nah, just keep it in the compartment. If a cop stops you, just say you lose a screw. :)

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
zaimon said:
I haven't seen a black mica in person, but from what I've heard and know from Mazda "mica" colors is that the color tends to change depending on the angle you're viewing the car at.
Actaully, all the colors have Metallic in them.. they wont change colors but they look flaky.

zaimon said:
I ordered my car and in the awaiting paperwork, I clearly stated if the car had any holes, stickers or gay pinstripping that I would decline the car and the deal would be void.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would really love to see those pictures without the GFX kit on it

and does anyone know, those rear tail lights, on the normal model, the GT model, are the taillights red or clear?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I test drove a black GT w/GFX, tinted and with the raised spoiler. It looks really nice that way. I really like black cars with tinted windows, they look great when clean (even if it is just for a few hours :(), but they are so hard to keep clean.

My Protege is black and tinted and even it gets a few looks every now and then :).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the compliments on my car guys! Those pics were taken the day after I bought it. I put 2 coats of wax on it last night so I'll be throwing up some better pics here pretty soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts