Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just new to this forum....
I'm getting a new mazda3 at the end of this month (ordering in from Japan)

I'm just wondering... Our top of the line mazda3 is called the sp23. What do u guys in the US call it?? Axela??

Also, what are the specs of the m3 there? Down here its 115kw and 203nm.

Is there a good after market source there??

EDIT: As always, slightly modified the title :twisted:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Welcome to the board. The car is known as Mazda3 around the world except Japan, where it's the Axela.

US have 2 models, the i and s.
Canada has 3, GX, GS and GT (sport pack is GFX)

(I can't believe I actually know this :shock: )

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the replys guys..
much appreicated!!!

I think another difference is that we don't get a moon roof as an option. :cry:

Damn shame!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Moonroof

I actually asked the dealer about that and he said due to australian design standards the mazda 3 and RX8 cannot be fitted with moonroof's. it's all about safety standards apparently. having a moonroof dramatically reduces the safety of a car if a major collision ever happened (car not as strong/rigid having a hole in the roof).

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was VERY keen to get a moonroof in mine but alas :(

Actually I asked about it as well and the dealer said that they could get it done but they have to cut the cross beams in the roof to fit it. They showed me a Maxx that had one done for a client. Looked good but I think these things have to be factory fit. Too many things that could screw up ie: leaks, electrics etc.

However I do not see why we do not get the sunroof (Or leather, nav system or a whole bunch of other cool stuff the states get - read your owners manual if you feel like crying) if they get it in the states.

I thought they had to be stricter with the product liability laws. I think you will find we dont get it due Mazda Oz profits. :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts