Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just decided to go the Morrey Mazda at the North Vancouver Automall, and within 2 minutes of my arrival, the Mazda3 sedan in white arrived in the two tone. Very nice looking :!: I also saw the sport with 17s in the darker grey, but I think I'll have to go for the sedan in black. They most likely wont have any for demos, but you can do subject to drive when signing on the dotted line. Anyway, that's it for now.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
OOOH! WEST VAN!? ... that's so near me :)... well, like an hours drive... but still...
give us the 411 :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i saw both wheels, the 16s and the 17s, they're the same wheel, just one is bigger than the other, and I have to say, with the 16s, there is too much sidewall, and the 17s are a must imo, but hey, when it comes to signing, i might have to get the 16s. Thats about it now. The inside had a nice finish, user friendly, although I didnt get to turn on the inside lights to see what it really looks like with them on. I do however wish the exterior lights were more powerful and bright. Finally, I asked the guy what is the wattage on the stereo and it must be super hard to add a sub the way that it is intergrated into the console, and he says "you never know, but there must be something like 430 or 640 watts from the stereo." I asked him again and he says "yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if it did." Personally, i think he was just blowing hot air, but hey u never no.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
400+ Watts? No way. it will most likely have 4x50W max on the headunit and the speakers will hold less than 50W each.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is exactly what i am thinking too dinu01, 400+ watts seems wrong. If it has 4 speakers + 2 tweeters, it could potentially peak at 300 like MZ6ZoomZoom said, however, that is peak and RMS will most likely then be something along the lines of 80 if that. Ah well, it is all speculation as there doesn't seem to be any official documentation regarding the matter.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Don't forget that the 3 doesn't have BOSE, so where in a factory stereo do you guys expect 400W from? This isn't the MP3 either:)

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
dinu01 said:
Don't forget that the 3 doesn't have BOSE, so where in a factory stereo do you guys expect 400W from? This isn't the MP3 either:)
Hmm.... some 20-bux generic computer speakers have an output of 500 watt... but boy was it awful.... :?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I implied with some resemblence of sound quality. Not that BOSE is the best but they're usually pretty powerful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
titanium silver manual leather sport sold already and they have a lighter silver sedan auto cloth. both are still in the show room as of tonight.

·
Registered
452 Posts
i went to the mazda near Metro..
they have one black GS and a silver GT with GFX package with leather seats....that's just so dman good looking!!!
i love the GT!

·
Banned
868 Posts
Yuki said:
i went to the mazda near Metro..
they have one black GS and a silver GT with GFX package with leather seats....that's just so dman good looking!!!
i love the GT!
Sedan GT, right?

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Absinthe said:
dinu01 said:
Hmm.... some 20-bux generic computer speakers have an output of 500 watt... but boy was it awful.... :?
Yeah some people equate wattage with quality. It isn't at all. You'll note that often the higher end manufacturers won't even post a watt count, because as far as adveritising goes it makes them look bad - their speakers often put out less in terms of wattage (for those of you that don't know, all wattage is is a measure of possible heat dissipation without overloading). Really has nothing to do with quality.

·
Registered
452 Posts
how many watts is the stereo anyways...
i asked the sales and he knows nothing about mechanic!!!! but stereo and those interior feactures ar not mechanic....just werid...my bf and i were "errrr...ok....um..."

in US, they have MIDI DISC stereo as an options...that's just sweet!!!!
according to the sales....he said we could...NOT SURE....we could add that too....but i doubt it....

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Yuki said:
how many watts is the stereo anyways...
i asked the sales and he knows nothing about mechanic!!!! but stereo and those interior feactures ar not mechanic....just werid...my bf and i were "errrr...ok....um..."

in US, they have MIDI DISC stereo as an options...that's just sweet!!!!
according to the sales....he said we could...NOT SURE....we could add that too....but i doubt it....
When did you talk to the sales? They just got their training a few days ago. Try asking him again :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts