Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I had an alarm installed at Circuit City this past weekend, but when I tested it out by banging on the side of the car and roof (don't worry, nothing was damaged) nothing worked.

I went back to Circuit City and asked the following:

Me: what will set off the alarm?
Salesperson: vibration

Me: I hit the side of my door, and nothing happens
Salesperson: (asks what kind of car I have, then answers)
Salesperson: the car has dent resistant doors

I even told him about how people are entering Mazda3s by hitting the door - the door will unlock, but he answered with "the alarm will sound when he opens the door"

Am I blowing this dent-enter situation out of proportion, or should I have someone else check the system out?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
You mean to say that if someone hits the side of your door, the car will physically unlock? Just that door or all of them? If that is really what is happening then take it back and talk to the Roadshop manager. Keep in mind that the problem is not definately with the alarm (I have a hard time imagining how it could be to be honest), but if it isn't they should be able to prove that it is not the alarm.

As for the shock sensor, it is jsut that- designed to detect fairly heavy shocks. Strike the driver's A-pillar with the palm of your hand with a decent amount of force. You should at least get a warn away response (repeated beeps). If not then it's sensitivity probably needs to be adjusted.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=automaticman link=topic=67622.msg1163831#msg1163831 date=1169528282]
You mean to say that if someone hits the side of your door, the car will physically unlock? Just that door or all of them? If that is really what is happening then take it back and talk to the Roadshop manager. Keep in mind that the problem is not definately with the alarm (I have a hard time imagining how it could be to be honest), but if it isn't they should be able to prove that it is not the alarm.
[/quote]
read here

As for the shock sensor, it is jsut that- designed to detect fairly heavy shocks. Strike the driver's A-pillar with the palm of your hand with a decent amount of force. You should at least get a warn away response (repeated beeps). If not then it's sensitivity probably needs to be adjusted.
I tried that, and the alarm responded with the warning tone and lights.

I just wanted to know if it was working. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Sounds good!

that's the first I've heard of the door dent thing, but yes that would still set off your alarm when they opened the door if the impact hadn't set it off already.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts