Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! What's going on?

Well, I am in the market for a used car and I am highly considering a Mazda3s. Anyway, I was wondering what other cars you were all considering as an alternative to the Mazda3s and what made you choose the MZ3 over them. Thanks.

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
I looked at a Scion tC... I picked the 3 because I wanted a sedan and I just liked the looks of the 3 over the looks of the tC

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Corolla, ScionTC, Civic, Jetta, and Sentra come to mind.

The Jetta is pretty fast but won't handle as well as a mz3. The corolla and civic are probably more reliable than a Mazda3.

A WRX will be more money but will be hella fast and have AWD.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The Toyota Matrix has about the same cargo capacity and convenience as the MZ3 5-door if that's what's important to you, but it's proportions seem much taller and handling is definitely not as sharp. There are quite a few comparison reviews posted in the "3 in the News" threads so you might want to head there for more. Here's one: the "Car and Driver $18000 sedan comparison test"

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=61308.0

·
Registered
248 Posts
[quote author=Harrison486 link=topic=65486.msg1121690#msg1121690 date=1167218802]
Hey guys! What's going on?

Well, I am in the market for a used car and I am highly considering a Mazda3s. Anyway, I was wondering what other cars you were all considering as an alternative to the Mazda3s and what made you choose the MZ3 over them. Thanks.
[/quote]

Scion Tc, Pontiac Vibe, Honda Civic Coupe, Honda Accord Coupe, Ford Focus, Pontiac G3, Jeep Wrangler.

Scion doesn't deal (MSRP only), Vibe is an SUV wannabe, Honda dealership insulted me with a measily $300
discount, Accord Coupe would have to be 4 banger and it doesn't have enough umph with that engine, Focus seemed too cheap - though the price is good, G3 was too expensive for me and interior didn't do it for me, Wranger is too new and afraid of 1st year problems; crappy gas mileage; and what I want (Rubicon) is $30K(!).

The 3 was nice, good enough gas mileage, and drove really nice and sporty and I could option it out and still afford it. SOLD!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I chose my Mazda 3s over a Hyundai Elantra back in 2004, I still have my Mazda3 , but its getting old and by September of 2007 it will have over 90k miles on it, so I am now looking around at other alternatives, and I am down to 3 choices.... another Mazda 3 but the hatchback this time, a Suzuki SX4, and the new Saturn Astra 5door coming out this summer.

All are 5 door vehicles, the SX4 has AWD and is considered a mini-suv, but it still seems a lot like a 5 door hatchback, and the Saturn Astra is a re-badged Opel, and it just looks like a really nice European import, so all 3 will be test driven over the summer-fall.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It all depends on what you like.

If you want reliability and low TCO (total cost of ownership), I'd consider the Mazda3, Civic and Corolla.

If you are an enthusiast that enjoys driving, the Mazda 3 is very hard to beat for the money.

If you are an enthusiast and willing to spend more $$$, the 2006-2007 Civic Si is a great car, but it's not for everyone.

D.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts