Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hm, this should be fun. I haven't seen any thread about idea for Mazda to market the 3. I don't like that "stuff" commercial, either. Say... if you are given the chance to create a TV ad for the 3, what would it look like?

I'll start first. I like the idea to have the 3 run along with the 6, 8, and Miata to emphasize the Zoom Zoom and sporty characteristics (with the Zoom zoom song playing). And then a mention of the available Xenon headlights and side curtain options at the end of the commercial.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'm bad. But I'd like both the 3 Sedan and 5-door on rotating platforms. The camera will take shots of them in a strobe like effect - and in the dark scenes that flash in between the car shots you'd overlay features that the car has. Like 2.3L 16-DOHC, 0-60 7.4 Seconds, Edmund's Most Wanted Car Under 15k, etc ... at the end of the commercial it asks what this all adds up to, zoom zoom and the two 3s are racing through twisties or a straightaway. Oh, a and a kicking soundtrack too.

·
Registered
232 Posts
be careful with what you suggest though, cuz people might steal the ideas and we'll get this whole copyright fiasco....so whenever you have a good idea, make sure you can prove that you're the one that came up with it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My idea is just for the beginning of commercials. Like what was said before, have 3, 6, 8 and miata all moving in a loose formation (say on a track or desert) then they all separate. The car the commercial is going to focus on is the car the camera follows. I think that same into should be used for all the car commercials in the Mazda car line-up.

·
Registered
519 Posts
actually surprised there hasn't been too big of an advertising campaign for the 3... its only been one tv ad here in australia. i do like the similar starting point though :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
umm. this forum has typestamp right? some good evidence for court stuff. anything realistic, nothing like the acura commercial. Hav something like the movie RUSH for the 6....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok, here's something that would be great for a young market!

Cue music: light, melodic guitar. Something new, but not too fast. Think something to the effect of the guitar in Everlasts new single "White Trash Beautiful".

An outside shot of the Mazda3 (Velocity Red) driving. Car is cruising in a nice background, sunny, 3/4 corner shot from two feet from the front right wheel. The narrator says "This is your car". Fade to an interior shot, looking at the backseat which is covered in junk and garbage. Narrator says "This is your home". Fade to interior shot in the middle of rear seat, the front passenger tosses back some garbage. Then, outside shot of the car driving away, the engine revving. Narrator says "This is your life."

Fade to black, text appears on screen with narrator saying it: "The Mazda3. Your company, your car."

·
Registered
34 Posts
LOL...you want them to advertise a new car filled with garbage??
I like the previous ideas.

·
Registered
46 Posts
andre said:
LOL...you want them to advertise a new car filled with garbage??
I like the previous ideas.
No one in the younger crowd (18-24) really gives a crap. Personally, I wanted a car that would be fun to drive, economical and would express my personality. I think that a targeted advetising campagin that points out these particular features instead of all the cool "stuff" its got.

The garbage idea was a generalization. I meant that it should not be all spic and span. have clothes, school bags or something in the back to show that the car is designed to be DRIVEN and USED, not just looked at.

I'm currently taking Marketing in college, and actually am considering using that idea as a project base.

I don't think Mazda has their current campaign down, its almost dissapointing in a way. The car has a lot to offer, you just have to let people see that. Given the price range of the car, its suitable for younger buyers or singles looking for something sporty and economical, and I think an advertising campaign directed at that market would fit the bill quite nicely.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I don't think Mazda has their current campaign down, its almost dissapointing in a way.
You got that right. Its no surprise that their sales are much lower than pretty much all the other manufactures that sell to the US. Take alook at the new VW commercials. I think the route would've been great to take with the 3. The honda and toyota commercials all have much more exposure and play frequency. I've seen the 3 commercial about 4 times since the the rumored "big march advertising push." Even the dealership said that they got more sales traffic (like 6 people) after the NYTimes article than they have from commercials.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A790,
I'm a marketing major too (graduating this June), and I understand 100% where you're coming from, but you gotta remember that they cant advertise too targeted. If they advertise only to target younger people, they may lose out on older people who may be looking at the 3 as well. Then again, thats what happened to Honda with the Element...they marketed it to teens and young adults, and their average buyer was about 45 yrs old. :D Same thing with the current Nissan Sentra...Nissan tries to market it as a fun youth-derived car....but on every corner you seen one with grandma driving it (no offense to anyone intended). But still, your idea can work...imagine if they ran an ad like that on MTV for example...it would probably be a hit. But for them to advertise on network TV, they need to appeal to a broader audience. I really hope this isn't too long, but I could go on and on. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
andre said:
A790,
I'm a marketing major too (graduating this June), and I understand 100% where you're coming from, but you gotta remember that they cant advertise too targeted. If they advertise only to target younger people, they may lose out on older people who may be looking at the 3 as well. Then again, thats what happened to Honda with the Element...they marketed it to teens and young adults, and their average buyer was about 45 yrs old. :D Same thing with the current Nissan Sentra...Nissan tries to market it as a fun youth-derived car....but on every corner you seen one with grandma driving it (no offense to anyone intended). But still, your idea can work...imagine if they ran an ad like that on MTV for example...it would probably be a hit. But for them to advertise on network TV, they need to appeal to a broader audience. I really hope this isn't too long, but I could go on and on. :)
You make a lot of sense! And congrats on your graduating this June, I am still four years away...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks. And you'll be surprised how 4 years can fly. ;)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
THAT'S HOT :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
olorin said:
actually surprised there hasn't been too big of an advertising campaign for the 3... its only been one tv ad here in australia. i do like the similar starting point though :)
There has been little to no ads for the 3 in Canada. Mainly because the 3's are selling faster than they can make them. Haha... The car sells itself. I think if they started advertising, Maszda would be in deep crap. Waiting lists will be so long that they will carry to the next model year.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
To Mounty and AutoXSheep...

I think your ideas came from a VW commercial?
VW has one out that has all their cars driving side by side racing each other on a desert with camera's flying around them zooming in and out.

I'm not accusing you of copying the idea, but maybe that's where you got "your ideas"?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts