Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the moon roof and 6cd package but actually wanted the mp3 player. just installed the mp3 player and now am selling the 6cd player. it's nearly brand new (2 weeks) and it works, i'll ship it in the mp3 box (they are the same). i kept the 6cd faceplate as i didn't see any sense in spending an extra $35 for the word "MP3" :)

i understand the retail price to be around $500 USD. i'll take the best offer. i'll try and get some pics this weekend. thanks.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
let me know if you have more than one interested party - I'm considering getting the MP3 as well.

It's still a toss between MP3 or MD though... :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Why would you get MD? It is not an MP3 MD player... the most minidiscs can fit is about 20 songs, no? The "good" MD players that are out there will play more because they have MP3/WMA format compatibility which the MD player for the Mazda3 doesn't support.

Correct me if I'm wrong but WHY would you get a MD player? Its just a glorified read-write digital format but can't hold much more than a single CD. And everybody and their dog these days have CD-Writers so why not stick to CD with MP3 functionality?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can have both a cd AND an MD.

you have a choice of one cd media player (single, 6, or mp3) AND either a tape or MD player in the mazda3. it's quite a neat car. the installation was a snap, it's totally modular, don't let the dealer charge you for it. my dealer quoted me $180 USD for installation. i literally laughed at them.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yeah, maybe I want both MD and MP3...

Okay, not really... Truth be told, just about everything I own sits in WMA 192k or higher. I haven't read specs, but chances are this thing won't read that for me, so I'm still SOL.

I was an original adopter of the MD (well, 2nd gen, but still ATRAC 1 Sony ES). So I have a lot in MD. Plus, I use portable MD to record a lot of stuff, include mixshows. It works great for on-air recording too.

I agree - MP3 is superiour to MD in a lot of ways, but if I want to cut between tracks, on the fly, with minimal delay, from something I recorded personally - like a DJ mix - then it beats it hands down. Even with CDR, I'd have to be using a deck that allows for full recording, then precise frame indexing - which I currently get on my MD recorder.

That and I'm not in the mood to jack the quality of my WMA files converting to MP3 - 900 CDs (mostly full length) is a lot of stuff to convert!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey, finally got some pics (damn i've been busy). anyway, the changer has about 4 hours of playtime on it and i do not have the faceplate that goes with the 6CD changer, i kept it on when i switched it out for the MP3 player - they are the same except for a tiny logo so your stock faceplate will work.

i'll take the best offer. please email me if you are interested. thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
$500 USD for a 6 cd changer?

I think you can get a 6 cd changer that connects to the fm antenna slot on the back of any factory deck for about 100 to 200 bucks installed.

???

$500! That's outrageous.

Sorry to burst you bubble.

from BESTBUY.COM $129.99 USD
Dual 6-CD Changer with Built-In RF Modulator and Wired Remote

Model: XFMC6000

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
uh,

you're not bursting anybody's bubble. i stated the retail price and said i would take the best offer. is that outrageous?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry

Sorry for coming across as abrupt. I realize you are just trying to recoup some of your losses on the cd changer. Best of luck on your sale.

I think I was just outraged at the amount the dealership charges for these add ons.

Cheers,

Zoomzoomer

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha,

np. i was a little outraged with the retail price as well. the mp3 player wasn't a real deal either but it's the only way to keep the steering wheel controls and not screw up the whole dash. i like my mp3 CD player so much i sold my iPod. i just wish it would fastforward faster.

anyway, first $250 takes the changer. somebody must want it :)

·
Banned
106 Posts
that link doesn't work, i tried to email you already but i got a failed message delivery thing when i did. Anyways what I really wanted to ask is how much do you think it would cost approx to ship up to toronto?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmm... the email link worked for me. i wonder if there is some server wierdness going on. please try again.

to answer your question, i'm not sure how much it would cost to send to toronto. how about $25 USD for shipping? i have all of the original shipping (the mp3 box is the same as the 6cd box) let me know. thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts