Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes the Mazdaspeed Accessory Sport Dampers for the Mazda3 (blue color) and are they any good? I can buy them new at dealer cost. Was also considering Bilstein Sports.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm. Not sure what Eibach knows about making shocks.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
In my quest for coilovers, I read KW makes the mazdaspeed shocks/struts. Eibach makes the mazdaspeed springs.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
[quote author=RPPM link=topic=139294.msg3001920#msg3001920 date=1237391135]
I'd get the Bilstein Sports. They will last forever.
[/quote]
+1

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had the HDs on my '93 Corrado. Are the Sports brutal in ride quality? My corrado was not lowered.

·
Registered
51 Posts
the blue shocks/struts are stamped fomoco but come with mazdaspeed certificates. i had them installed along with progress springs and they are a bit stiffer than oem ms3 shocks/struts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you mean, MOFO Co.? J/k Wow, I had no idea that they were ford shocks. Interesting.

·
Registered
191 Posts
[quote author=space_cowboy link=topic=139294.msg3004818#msg3004818 date=1237490496]
the blue shocks/struts are stamped fomoco but come with mazdaspeed certificates. i had them installed along with progress springs and they are a bit stiffer than oem ms3 shocks/struts
[/quote]

thats the setup i was thinking about doing in the next couple months. how do they ride? i know you said a little stiffer than oem ms3 shocks/struts, but how do you think they compare to stock mz3 suspension? is it uncomfortably stiff? thanks man

·
Registered
51 Posts
well after they settled in a bit the comfort level went up. bu they are still stiffer than the stock mazdaspeed setup i have rode in. they are also seem to be a bit stiffer than MS3's with lowering springs. my friend is getting the cobb setup in a bit so i will be able to compare that too. but i will say if you have not upgraded the front and rear sway bars do that too lol... im getting a set of oem MS# bars and that should get rid of the little bit of sway i have left

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just put the Mazdaspeed sport dampers on my SP23. I kept the OEM springs for I have always been happy with the ride quality of my Mazda3. I currently have 70,000 miles on my car and the OEM struts were feeling a bit tired. The new struts firmed things up nicely without hurting the quality of the ride one bit. The best way I can describe the ride with the sport dampers is that the car feels balanced. If I do some nice back country roads at speed, the suspension gobbles up the dips and bumps and quickly returns the car to a neutral feel, ready for the next curve or elevation change. Prior to the new struts, the car felt unsettled and tended to wallow and mush in suspension transitions. I hope this explanation helps. Suspension interpretation is a "seat of your pants" kind of thing. YOu either feel it or you don't.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just installed them with new Racing Beat springs. This is my second go around with Racing Beat springs. The 1st time, I paired them with Koni FSD's.

I then went back to stock springs, with KYB GR2 struts and shocks. I just couldn't handle the wheel gap, so I went and ordered a new set of Racing Beats. I decided to try the Mazdaspeed Accessory dampers. I absolutely love them. The car feels very european now. You hit bumps and the car is perfectly damped. Highway ride is very nice, and the back end just feels planted. Everything else on the car is stock, except tires which are General UHP's at stock 205/50/17 size. I actually think they match better with the Racing Beats than the Koni FSD's do. Your opinion may vary.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Glad to hear that, Racing Beat springs and Mazdaspeed shocks were my plans and I feel more confident going with this set up now. :)

·
Registered
38,019 Posts
[quote author=danielj link=topic=139294.msg3001870#msg3001870 date=1237390164]
In my quest for coilovers, I read KW makes the mazdaspeed shocks/struts. Eibach makes the mazdaspeed springs.
[/quote]

That would make sense since they make the coilovers as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[quote author=Greyboy102498 link=topic=139294.msg3174650#msg3174650 date=1244819097]
I just put the Mazdaspeed sport dampers on my SP23. [/quote]

So where do I buy these mazdaspeed shocks and struts? I found a mazdaspeed store but It wasn't very clear whether the stuff was for a Mazdaspeed or a regular Mazda 3 S

1 - 19 of 19 Posts