Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone read of any info regarding the MS3 being used by any Mazda-sponsored racing teams in any sort of competition?

*word of the day: 'any' :lol:

So...anybody?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
[quote author=Focused link=topic=70836.msg1242401#msg1242401 date=1172790362]
Has anyone read of any info regarding the MS3 being used by any Mazda-sponsored racing teams in any sort of competition?

*word of the day: 'any' :lol:

So...anybody?
[/quote]

there was an MS3 pace car at the toronto autoshow lol

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
^^completely totally and utterly off topic, but it looks the question has been answered...

Wow - what a letdown to come from LA to Toronto today. Freezing rain? Us southern cali guys don't even really know what rain is much less the fact that it could freeze without actually snowing :x

I'd much rather have it just snow...this is just plain crazy when it starts freezing all over the ground (note to self - never bring completely treadless shoes to Toronto in March). End rant.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=SoraNezumi link=topic=70836.msg1242907#msg1242907 date=1172800671]
Mazda doesn't "sponsor" any racing. They give discounts and offer contingency.

http://www.mazdamotorsports.com
[/quote]

Actually, Mazda does sponsor some form of racing. But that wasn't my question to begin with.

For the sake of semantics...
Does anyone know if any Mazda Contigency sponsored racing team in any sort of competition were using a Mazdaspeed 3 as their race vehicle?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Nice. I just saw the 2007 payout list while searching for a link for you, how does this money compare to other manufacturers in terms of contingency type programs (I'm not familar with the whole set up to be honest)? I'm new to the racing scene (total noob TBH) in general but I'd love to go out and see a MS3 squeel around the track!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:lol:

Well then, thank God you're just a minuscule speck in this huge universe and your opinion means almost nothing to the world of auto sports!

Otherwise, we'd never have cars that go fast in a straight line :shock:

:D

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Yeah we would, look Formula 1. Look WRC.
Look, they are fast in a straight line...but oh wait. Now comes a hairpin.
And look at that thing slide - still maintaining momentum - coming out of it doing 60 mph.
oh and look at that formula one car attacking the hairpin and exiting wide to get a quicker exit.
Drag Racing/NASCAR is no fun to me - just me..sorry. my 2 cents

1 - 11 of 11 Posts