Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mazda sales in February were up 18.4% overall vs a year ago according to:

http://www.theautochannel.com/F/news/2004/03/02/183047.html

The gain was led by an 80% increase in sales of the 6.

Dragging the numbers down were disappointing sales of Mazda's vans and trucks. That segment lost 23.6% vs a year ago.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mazda seems to be focusing on their car line anyway, so the slump in trucks doesn't seem much of a surprise. Actually, the most interesting fact is that they were able to sell 3 new 626s last month. Who's still sitting on a few of those I wonder...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Unfortunately only 70,000 3's are supposed to be imported. Think about it, that's only a little more than 1,000 per state on average. I've only seen one other one other than mine so far. The dealer is having a hard time getting anymore right now. I'm glad I walked in and got the last one :D . I've already had so many compliments. Alot of people don't even know what it is. I guess the idea is to make just enough so you don't have so many at the end of the model year. I notice this alot with U.S. manufacturers. Just saw an add for a brand new '03 Ford Taurus for $11,000. Do you think they're desperate? You never see Mazda, Honda, etc. with a bunch of model year leftovers.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Yeah the trucks suck. IMO Glad the sales of the 6 is doing well. Hope new models that come out also do well.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Trust me, Mazda will not have issues with selling more than the planned 70,000 figure.

"Oh my gawd! They all want to buy this car! What the heck am I going to do?"

Not a problem. Mazda will build more if people want more.

Acura sold 19,000 TSX based on a projection of 15,000.

Demand beyond forecast is the kind of "problem" people doesn't complain too much about.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The decline in truck sales is bad news for Mazda as the profit margins are higher on trucks. Likewise the big bump in sales on the 6 isn't that helpful to the bottom line because Mazda was giving large rebates ($1500-$2000) on the 6 up through 3/1. So the best news was that sales of the 3 were strong without having to give large rebates, even though some people were getting $500-$1000.

·
Registered
273 Posts
if they did a 1500 off msrp or like 0% apr i would buy one in a second

oh wait town north is selling for 199 over invoice
which is better

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the deal on the 6 was $1500 rebate, additional $500 rebate for current Mazda owners, and all of this on top of a dealer discount down to just over invoice. Final net price was $1800 under invoice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts