Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attended the 2nd Annual "Mazda Rev It Up" event today in san diego. It was awsome. I got to test drive the RX-8 and the new MazdaSpeed Miata. It was really nice. I also tried the timed competitor course and got 33.537 seconds on the course. a Professional driver set the course time that we had to try to beat which was 29.0?? seconds. did anyone attend this event?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was there....29 secs seemed so hard to get....I didn't do to well at 35.4 seconds but it was my first time. The lines at the RX-8 and Mazdaspeed Miata were too long.....did you use up all 8 skills? I only went to 2 of them....i wish i used them up....I must say it was a lot of fun. Can't wait till next year. By the way, do you know how much was spent to modify the Mazda3's? The eibach springs and the Bosal exhaust?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I watched when he did the 29sec run, he did it like nothing. Did you ever get to test drive the RX-8 and the Mspeed Miata? The miata was nice. I liked it a lot. I was kinda considering trading in my mz3 for a miata, but I can't. Love my 3 too much. They should have given us more runs. That wasn't fair because the first time you do the track you dont know what to expect then the second time you do better. My first run was a 36sec then I did better the 2nd time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I didn't get to test drive them cuz I was w/ some friends that really didn't want to wait that long.... :x but it's cool.....I know what you mean....i did really bad on the first run getting 39.3.....did you do left foot braking? did you launch w/ ur left foot?

·
Registered
100 Posts
No I used my right foot the whole time, but what messed me up was I'll almost hit a cone, so i did a really sudden brake and I prolly lost a few tenths there. I got to the event around 8am so it wasn't as crowded, thats how i got to test drive the cars. But later on like around noon and afternoon the wait was probably about an hour because you have to wait for the person to go around the whole course and sometimes they bring along friends so once they come back the other friend switches off and you have to wait again. so the best thing if you want to test drive, just come early.

·
Registered
310 Posts
An hour? That is quite a long time. But I guess if you take into consideration I have waited 5 hours for a roller coaster, I can handle it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah....i shoulda came early. I was in line for about 30mins and only moved 2 steps.... :x Anyway, how does ur exhaust sound? How much did you spend? I've got an old Magnaflow exaust from my civic and wanted to see if it would fit. How much was installation? It looks pretty sweet!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I sounds nice. Nothing like the ricey civic sound. it's a low deep tone it's more noticeable when your inside the car than stock, but still kinda quiet because the 2.3L engine is naturally quiet. It cost like $100 to install.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Where in San Diego did you get it installed? Do you recommend any places? I'm probably gonna use my old magnaflow cuz it's just sittin in my garage and it's still good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Erv187...so I went to the muffler shop down here in San Diego that usually go to and they said it can't be done....my magnaflo muffler looks like it's the same size as urs....what shop in Temecula did you go to? cuz these guys apparently can't do it....thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just got back from the Dallas event. I agree with others in that the 3 feels a lot more nimble than the 6 did last year. I was a bit disappointed in my runs, especially the second one where I screwed up just about everything I could. I hit a cone, overshot a corner and went though half the course in 1st (doh!). I thought I had gotten it into second but I must not have gotten the “stick” back far enough. The 3 has a very unobtrusive rev limiter, not at all like my car which bucks like a bronco.

I enjoyed the competition course more than last year, it seems to flow more smoothly. I also liked the switch over to 3 skills courses this year instead of 2 skills and one practice course like last year. The pro time was a 27.4 and I got a 29.0 on my first run. Like I said before, blew the second, which could have be a decent one. Even with over shooting a corner and bumping the rev limiter I still had a 29.4.

Overall, I give it a big thumbs up. Thank you Mazda! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.