Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Well its possible.

VW busted the most stupidiest move in automotive history. They came out with standard GTI. Then because everyone bitched, they brought the 337 (slighty hyped version of the plain ol GTI) but it only came in Silver or Black! So the morons decided to bring the 20th Anniversary (same options as the 337 except different wheels) and came in a few more colors. Now before the next generation GTI/Jetta comes out, the idiots are bring the R32 (looks like a 20th with a bigger engine and 4motion and a gay bodykit) which will be priced near the STi or Evo.

I dont think any company has fucked themselves harder than VW. The funniest thing is the Phaeton... $80k! $80k for a VW.. they gotta be shitting people.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Also according to Mazda they are going to release the MX somewhere in the world this year.
Specs on MINI.
Base price: $16,975; S, $19,975
Vehicle type: front-engine, front-drive; 3-door 5-passenger coupe
Interior volume, F/R/cargo (cu ft) 47/30/5
Wheelbase 97.9 in
Length/width/height 143.9/67.0/55.9 in
Turning circle 34.2 ft
Curb weight 3250–3300 lb
EPA city/hwy mpg 24–28/36–37
Fuel-tank capacity/range 13.0 gal/312–364 mi
Passive restraints driver and passenger front, side, and head airbags

POWERTRAIN
1.6-liter SOHC 16-valve 4-in-line, 115 hp; supercharged and intercooled 1.6-liter SOHC 16-valve 4-in-line, 163 hp; 5- or 6-sp man, continuously variable auto

SUSPENSION
F ind, struts, coil springs, anti-roll bar
R ind, multilink, coil springs, anti-roll bar

BRAKES
F/R vented disc/disc
ABS standard

The MX is actually 13" longer: L/W/H = 156/69/61. I think Mazda is going right at them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think the rear suspension on the MX is a straight axel and not independant... although I could be wrong. Wonder how it will handle? Apparently the suspension calibrations on the 3 are as close to perfection as you can get!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.