Mazda3 Forums banner

Do you think that the Mazda Brand Image has improved?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only some five years ago the Mazda american vehicle line up did not look so great.
Today we have many new exciting models....
Cx-7, CX-9, Mazda 2,3,5,6 Miata, RX-8 etc.

Perhaps not a Lexus, but what do you think of the new Mazda consumer image?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Re: Mazda Image

If I was to group the Japanese auto makers, I would put Mazda up there with the big ones, Toyota & Honda.
MAZDAS I believe are much better than Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Suzuki, Nissan, Subaru e.t.c.
Hopefully they can keep it up and not let any *ucked up intervention by part owner Ford.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

Mazda has definitely come a long way since the 90's

·
Registered
7,234 Posts

I agree.. they have come a long way in a relatively short amount of time. Let's not forget though... the current renaissance that Mazda is experiencing wouldn't have been possible without the Ford Motor Company. Indeed, Mazda would no longer exist if it weren't for Ford.

·
Registered
756 Posts

[quote author=TazSpeed link=topic=69426.msg1205747#msg1205747 date=1171414485]
If I was to group the Japanese auto makers, I would put Mazda up there with the big ones, Toyota & Honda.
MAZDAS I believe are much better than Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Suzuki, Nissan, Subaru e.t.c.
Hopefully they can keep it up and not let any *ucked up intervention by part owner Ford.
[/quote]

I agree that Mazda is up there with Toyota and Honda, but mostly if not only when the cars do not carry the Ford engines (like the Tribute or the Mazda6 V6). Mazda cars with the MZR inline four engines are the best. However, I believe that Subaru is up there with Mazda (w. Mzrs), Toyota and Honda. I have owned subies and ran them for more than 100,000+ miles in 8-to-10 years without ever leaving me stranded on the road. Now that Toyota a bought GM's stake in Subaru's parent, quality might even improve. My current ride, a 2007 Speed3 GT, is my third Mazda and so far I have not have a problem with any of them but I traded them in within years so I cannot testify to 100,000+ histories. I do plan to keep the Speed3 for now for a long time. It is quite a car and this old fart has driven hundreds of them.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Definitely

I remember looking at Mazdas around '99 and found them booooring!!! Kinda thought the "Zoom zoom" campaing was goofy, but I have to say Mazda has lived up to it with their car line from top to bottom (3 being the perfect example)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mazda is definately booming now. I think it started with the excitement over the RX-8, and that enthusiasm carried over to the other cars once people began to see what an exciting brand Mazda is. It's definitely refreshing for people to see a quality brand produce vehicles that have a real character to them, as opposed to other manufacturers like Honda and Toyota, who seem to have lost that edge in favor of mass producing eco-friendly cars. People have their preferences, but I'd rather spend my money on something with some pizzazz.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Three years ago when I was shopping for my three and new mazdas were still rolling out, a salesman, who often speak out of their ass, told me that Mazda was putting so much money into redesigning that it was gonna take a better part of a decade before they ever actually make any profit

·
Registered
756 Posts
[quote author=jp3 link=topic=69426.msg1208684#msg1208684 date=1171512365]
Mazda is definately booming now. I think it started with the excitement over the RX-8, and that enthusiasm carried over to the other cars once people began to see what an exciting brand Mazda is. It's definitely refreshing for people to see a quality brand produce vehicles that have a real character to them, as opposed to other manufacturers like Honda and Toyota, who seem to have lost that edge in favor of mass producing eco-friendly cars. People have their preferences, but I'd rather spend my money on something with some pizzazz.
[/quote]

The Mazda6 and later the Mazda3 have meant more for Mazda's recent success than the RX-8. The Mazda6 surpassed 1,000,000 units sold about a year ago or so and the Mazda3 broke a record in reaching 1,000,000 sold in three years and two months for Mazda since launched. The Mazda6 ended the age of the boring mid-size family sedan literally. Even Toyota was forced to make its Camry to look sportier. The RX-8 is a niche car as well as the MX-5 and no car company could survive with those two niche players. The MX-5/Miata has not reach 1,000,000 after 18 years or so. It does not mean that it's a bad car, its and excellent niche leader actually (although recently challenged by the Sky, Solstice and possibly the Dodge Venom). Now the CX-7 and possibly the CX-9 will continue the recent success forward, primarily the CX-7. The CX-7 is so good that I considered it as an alternative to my Speed3. The next Mazda6 will be crucial to stay the course. Even Ford Fusion has Mazda DNA and no wonder it looks good too. The fusion is the best looking sedan for Ford in a long time. Going back the the CX-7. Why do you think that the Speed3 can be bought for less than $25,000? Simply because Mazda is using the same engine for three models. Had the MZR DISI Turbo been made only for the Speed3, the car could be close to a $30,000 car easily or at least exceed $28,000 for the Sport.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
[quote author=MS3 Hot Hatch link=topic=69426.msg1209949#msg1209949 date=1171568510]

The Mazda6 and later the Mazda3 have meant more for Mazda's recent success than the RX-8. The Mazda6 surpassed 1,000,000 units sold about a year ago or so and the Mazda3 broke a record in reaching 1,000,000 sold in three years and two months for Mazda since launched. The Mazda6 ended the age of the boring mid-size family sedan literally. Even Toyota was forced to make its Camry to look sportier. The RX-8 is a niche car as well as the MX-5 and no car company could survive with those two niche players. The MX-5/Miata has not reach 1,000,000 after 18 years or so. It does not mean that it's a bad car, its and excellent niche leader actually (although recently challenged by the Sky, Solstice and possibly the Dodge Venom). Now the CX-7 and possibly the CX-9 will continue the recent success forward, primarily the CX-7. The CX-7 is so good that I considered it as an alternative to my Speed3. The next Mazda6 will be crucial to stay the course. Even Ford Fusion has Mazda DNA and no wonder it looks good too. The fusion is the best looking sedan for Ford in a long time. Going back the the CX-7. Why do you think that the Speed3 can be bought for less than $25,000? Simply because Mazda is using the same engine for three models. Had the MZR DISI Turbo been made only for the Speed3, the car could be close to a $30,000 car easily or at least exceed $28,000 for the Sport.
[/quote]

Nicely stated... I definnetly agree 100% I had never thought about how much the mazda6 has influenced alot of the new sedans. Without change sedans fail. Greatest example would be the Ford Taurus. That car dominated for years and years but now it no longer exists. Ford company is pretty retarded

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hopefully Mazda will have the reputation of the Honda/Toyota reliability. That will be the biggest hurdle for Mazda. I have owned both Honda and Toyota and there is no question of their reliability. Only time will tell with our Mazda's. I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

·
Registered
769 Posts
[quote author=greyzoomer link=topic=69426.msg1210351#msg1210351 date=1171577265]
Hopefully Mazda will have the reputation of the Honda/Toyota reliability. That will be the biggest hurdle for Mazda. I have owned both Honda and Toyota and there is no question of their reliability. Only time will tell with our Mazda's. I'm keeping my fingers crossed....
[/quote]
yes, very true!

·
Registered
791 Posts
[quote author=SpeedTrap link=topic=69426.msg1210468#msg1210468 date=1171579827]
[quote author=greyzoomer link=topic=69426.msg1210351#msg1210351 date=1171577265]
[/quote]
yes, very true!
[/quote]
must not be doing too bad down the road.
I still see a few old 626's and 323's!

·
Registered
154 Posts
They way I look at it is simple, late 90s/2000 there was maybe one Mazda I would consider owning. Fast forward to now, any currently produced Mazda would be perfectly ok with me. The whole line up is unique with that careful evolution of sporty and consistent.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is the Tribute about to be dropped?
I don't believe it does Mazda any good to keep it around.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Remember the 929 and Millenia?
Don't think anybody wanted to buy those and made the Mazda people rethink their marketing strategies!

·
Registered
337 Posts
al·lot (ə-lŏt')
tr.v., -lot·ted, -lot·ting, -lots.
1.) To parcel out; distribute or apportion: allotting land to homesteaders; allot blame.
2.) To assign as a portion; allocate: allotted 20 minutes to each speaker.

:klavergreg:

·
Registered
589 Posts
it has improves a lot :goodjob:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[quote author=stugotz99 link=topic=69426.msg1218925#msg1218925 date=1171999310]
al·lot (ə-lŏt')
tr.v., -lot·ted, -lot·ting, -lots.
1.) To parcel out; distribute or apportion: allotting land to homesteaders; allot blame.
2.) To assign as a portion; allocate: allotted 20 minutes to each speaker.

:klavergreg:
[/quote]
true, used the slang version but to be more correct, adjusted the term

·
Registered
260 Posts
[quote author=TazSpeed link=topic=69426.msg1218832#msg1218832 date=1171996069]
Remember the 929 and Millenia?
Don't think anybody wanted to buy those and made the Mazda people rethink their marketing strategies!
[/quote]

I thought the Millenia was a pretty popular car? It hides its age well too, I wouldn't mind driving one at all.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts