I contacted parts and they said they have them in:

PART# GRMS-8M-L30

$335.00

Is this the right part?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, nevermind... I did a search on here and again, the people at my local dealership sound like complete morons.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
that should be a crime

·
Registered
173 Posts
i got a 20% off of an accessory coupon from my dealer. >.< now my intake will only cost me...what ...like 600 bux? lol. I doubt it will stay 800 dollars for very long. Its obviously some sort of joke that was allowed to be pulled from mazda to see if anyone will actually pay that much for it. Like some sort of experiment or something. Honestly. The intake would have to be made of 24carot gold lined with carbon fiber on the inside and out and have a diamond filter on the end to be worth 800 dollars....what a _______ing joke....

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Isn't this a rebadged AEM CAI? So if I bought that for a quarter of the price I should in theory get the exact same performace gains. And the Mazdaspeed exhaust is a rebadged magnaflow right? Maybe I'm just making this up but I thought I heard that from somewhere.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
[quote author=speed3wannabe link=topic=67123.msg1153355#msg1153355 date=1169001423]
Isn't this a rebadged AEM CAI? So if I bought that for a quarter of the price I should in theory get the exact same performace gains. And the Mazdaspeed exhaust is a rebadged magnaflow right? Maybe I'm just making this up but I thought I heard that from somewhere.
[/quote]
you are 100% right but if it doesnt say mazdaspeed..... no warranty.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
yaa you got the AEM thing rite about exhaust not sure

[quote author=speed3wannabe link=topic=67123.msg1153355#msg1153355 date=1169001423]
[/quote]

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
[quote author=SachielDesign link=topic=67123.msg1153341#msg1153341 date=1169000761]
i got a 20% off of an accessory coupon from my dealer. >.< now my intake will only cost me...what ...like 600 bux? lol. I doubt it will stay 800 dollars for very long. Its obviously some sort of joke that was allowed to be pulled from mazda to see if anyone will actually pay that much for it. Like some sort of experiment or something. Honestly. The intake would have to be made of 24carot gold lined with carbon fiber on the inside and out and have a diamond filter on the end to be worth 800 dollars....what a _______ing joke....
[/quote]

:rofl:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
[quote author=dread link=topic=67123.msg1153614#msg1153614 date=1169008548]
I will just put a mazdaspeed sticker on an aem intake, and say a dealer sold it to me like that.
[/quote]

That's what I'm talking about. DAMN THE MAN!!!!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
[quote author=speed3wannabe link=topic=67123.msg1153933#msg1153933 date=1169044677]
[quote author=dread link=topic=67123.msg1153614#msg1153614 date=1169008548]
I will just put a mazdaspeed sticker on an aem intake, and say a dealer sold it to me like that.
[/quote]

That's what I'm talking about. DAMN THE MAN!!!!!
[/quote]

Damn the Man, indeed! Unfortunately, the Man is no Fool. The MS3 MS-CAI comes with a special holographic Mazdaspeed sticker. It's pretty cool, if you shine a light on the holograph and hold it up to mirror you get the complete text of the Blue/Green Warranty program. PART# GRBS-8M-L800, lists for $550.

On a serious note, I think it might it end up being an AEM this time, too. From the Street Unit description, it uses a Dryflow filter, which I think is an AEM product.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
how does the filter work on that (dry flow)? is it washable?
never bought an aftermarket intake before, just k&n and modded stock.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
you can wash it. Whats different is you don't need to oil, which is good for mazdas because the MAF's are very sensitive and oiled filters will spray the maf causing a CEL.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
[quote author=dread link=topic=67123.msg1154646#msg1154646 date=1169068814]
you can wash it. Whats different is you don't need to oil, which is good for mazdas because the MAF's are very sensitive and oiled filters will spray the maf causing a CEL.
[/quote]

good to know thanks.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
no problem. Not sure if anyone checked it out. but there are new pics posted of it in SU black! Looks awesome!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I can understand the general hostility against padding prices. It sucks, Mazda should be ashamed. but...
Mazda warrants that the Powertrain Components of new 2007 Mazda cars and trucks will be free of defects with normal use and prescribed maintenance for 60 months or 60,000 miles, which ever comes first.

5 years or 60,000 miles. to me. that is a lot. I don't feel like losing that over $500. specially when I work my butt off to try and pay this car so its mine. I had a jacked up 89 accord that used to break on me left and right.. I don't ever want to go back there again.

lets just say small balls and no faith. but I'll pass and keep warranty. just me.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
it doesnt RID your warranty dude. Only if its an induction issue, then it will only void the warranty on THAT PART.

In other words, you fry a piston, or the turbo, or a shock dies, or whatever they cant blame a filtered aftermarket air intake. But if a MAF sensor fails along the intake channel, then sure, theyll be like, well blah blah... but youre over it.

Remember its a case by case situation. Dont do it man. 500 dollars is a LOT of money :(... its an exhaust system for Gods sake! or a decent set of coil overs, or sways and bushing, or hell some tires!

ITS A LOT OF MONEY... consider the odds of your air sensor going out... not likely... and if it does, shell out the cash, it wont be 500 dollars :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree with Boost here. Its a damn intake, and as such shouldn't cost 500$ no matter what. If you are that hard up, buy a 3rd party and when you go to bring it in, replace it with the stock. It takes maybe 30 mins. Or ... just be patient, that price will not stay up there for long, I give it 6 months and it will be down to high 300s.

Its not a question of protecting warranty, its a question of being reamed to protect warranty, which is retarded in my opinion.

Just be patient, it will come down, or dont and save some money with time and go 3rd party. 8)

Edit: stupid misspellings

1 - 20 of 37 Posts