Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 04 3s in the shop yesterday to have them look at the transmission's 3rd gear again. I get a call this morning saying they're replacing the transmission, but it'll take a week to get the new one into the shop. They said in my current condition I can drive my car while I wait for the new transmission. However, since I feel I don't want to damage the car any further I declined and wanted to hold onto the rental until the car is repaired. Then they said they're not sure if they can reimburse me the full amount of the rental. They can only reimburse me for 3 days.

Is this true? If not, can someone grab me some documentation to prove that this service manager is full of crap?

Thx

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote author=saluteTOme link=topic=70003.msg1218757#msg1218757 date=1171994051]
different states have different laws on rentals and warrenty work and such. Hopfully someone from your state can chime in
[/quote]

That would be nice.

Hopefully, someone from Ira Mazda in Danvers would help too.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
I thought that the loaner car was in regards to Mazda and not state laws? And I have not found a dealer that offered loaner cars for warranty work.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=saluteTOme link=topic=70003.msg1218783#msg1218783 date=1171994734]
its not a loaner...it's a rental.
[/quote]
Exactly.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I had some warranty work done that required them to keep my 3 overnight for 2 nights (3 days worth of rental) and the dealership got billed for the rental. I asked them before I dropped it off how long it would take. They originally told me about 5 days but that they'd pay for the rental the whole time.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote author=Mazda3Pride link=topic=70003.msg1219384#msg1219384 date=1172011264]
I had some warranty work done that required them to keep my 3 overnight for 2 nights (3 days worth of rental) and the dealership got billed for the rental. I asked them before I dropped it off how long it would take. They originally told me about 5 days but that they'd pay for the rental the whole time.
[/quote]

So you also had 3 days, but you were reimbursed for more. I guess this is good enough to go by. I may need to just call the corporate office for their exact policy just to make sure.

When my engine blew some two years ago I was covered for about 3 weeks, but I was in Florida at the time.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I actually had the rental for 3 days. The day I picked it up, the whole next day, and the day I dropped it off. The bill from Enterprise got sent directly to the dealership.

If the dealership is telling you to take your car until the new tranny gets in then I wouldn't even mess with arguing with them. They're going to be the ones fixing the damage to your car if any more happens anyways so it's their fault if it gets more damaged.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote author=Mazda3Pride link=topic=70003.msg1220667#msg1220667 date=1172061495]
I actually had the rental for 3 days. The day I picked it up, the whole next day, and the day I dropped it off. The bill from Enterprise got sent directly to the dealership.

If the dealership is telling you to take your car until the new tranny gets in then I wouldn't even mess with arguing with them. They're going to be the ones fixing the damage to your car if any more happens anyways so it's their fault if it gets more damaged.
[/quote]

IBmycarexplodes :rofl:

Well she said on the phone with the rental guys that this is last time I can rent, but I only rented the car for two days. :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nathan,
Granted I live in PA, but when my car was getting a new clutch, I dropped it off first thing Monday morning and got a rental car from the Enterprise in the Ford dealer next door (Ford EDGE FTL). I explicitly asked "Is this rental covered under my warranty?" "Yes," was my reply. I picked my car up late Friday evening, turned in the keys to the Edge and never had a problem. You might just need to be polite yet firm. With my dealer, when I got an answer I didn't like, I nicely asked them the same question only rephrased and I tended to get different responses, so I don't think these sorts of things are as carved-in-stone as they'd have you believe.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[quote author=MUSpud2 link=topic=70003.msg1221575#msg1221575 date=1172087809]
Nathan,
Granted I live in PA, but when my car was getting a new clutch, I dropped it off first thing Monday morning and got a rental car from the Enterprise in the Ford dealer next door (Ford EDGE FTL). I explicitly asked "Is this rental covered under my warranty?" "Yes," was my reply. I picked my car up late Friday evening, turned in the keys to the Edge and never had a problem. You might just need to be polite yet firm. With my dealer, when I got an answer I didn't like, I nicely asked them the same question only rephrased and I tended to get different responses, so I don't think these sorts of things are as carved-in-stone as they'd have you believe.
[/quote]

Could be it. I tend to be too nice, when I know I'm getting duped I tend to be very aggressive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So this is at Ira Mazda in Danvers? I just dropped my car off in Norwood Gallery, I told them my front seat was squeaking and they are replacing the seat bracket/frame.. They said it would take 2 hours and gave me a loaner from Enterprise next door, for 24 hours. We'll see if they fixed it when I go pick it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have had both a loaner and a rental that the dealer picked up the tab for. They actually sent the rental to my work. From what my sales person said is that Mazda guarantees you will be able to use a vehicle free of charge if they have to keep the car to work on. I dont know if it is different in other states.

·
Registered
190 Posts
ANYTIME, ive ever had warranty work done on any vehicle ive owned.."If you take it to the dealer you bought it"...Theyve always provided me a replacement vehicle if needed.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I dropped it off this morning. She said I get a rental for a day then it's on me for the rest of the time. We'll see what happens. Either way it shouldn't take more than two days to replace a transmission.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[quote author=alecshawn link=topic=70003.msg1234277#msg1234277 date=1172525232]
Yep..MOST trannies take at most 5-6 hours to do. I would hope it doesnt take them 2 days.
[/quote]

Yeah, they finished by the end of the day.

Love the new transmission, btw. It's like a whole new car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts