Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

over 15 years ago my best friends father took us to calder park for a Porche club get together. WE all had goes driving around the track at high speeds. (all drivers and passengers had to wear some sort of helmet)

I was wondering if anything like that still exists. When I get my MZ3 SP23 I would like to take it for a spin at high speeds, is there a mazda club or a car club that meets at race tracks like calder park in Melbourne... ???

Thanks for any help, cause I want to speed but my speeding tickets are making it hard to continue my love of driving fast.....

·
Registered
519 Posts
*snort* as if mazda would organise something like that! :roll:

although i personally think it a very good idea. :D it would probably only get off the ground if we mazda3 owners as a group hired out the track for a little group get together/picnic. but then again who knows what would happen to the legal aspect of it all... most likely a prohibitive cost, even with the helmets.

who knows if mazda australia would even sponsor such an event... :?:

·
Registered
126 Posts
im sure i signed a thing on my lease that states that i cant drive it on a race track... well.. maybe i was dreaming... :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
really you signed something that told you where and how you can drive your car. whos business is that but your own. I would never sign anything like that out of principle.

I can tell you that if I wanted to drive my car in a muddy field of shit, I would assume I would be free to. LOL !!!

If there is a car club and allow for solo laps I would love to try it a few times thats for sure....

·
Registered
650 Posts
Many insurance policies and finance companies won't cover race tracks, sand dunes and non gazetted roads. One of my friends rolled his Land Cruiser when we where 4 wheel driving and his insurance didn't cover it because the road wasn't marked on any maps (non gazetted). Had we known this at the time we would have dragged it with my Pajero the 1km back to the state forest road.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Guys I've recently been on two such track days with the Porsche club at Calder park and I know two guys in the club - one's the club secretary. I can make enquiries if there's a sufficient level of interest. From memory it was $180 per DRIVER (not car).

Oh, btw, we can probably get non-Porsches in on their next night but we'd be the laughing stock against these monsters.

·
Registered
519 Posts
great idea samps! i've been browsing the threads and have come across "Rev-It Up", over in NA which pits slightly race modded M3's driven by professional drivers against those who wish to thrash their 3's around a course - fun for all with times to compare ;)

If only they would bring the show down under and we can all be happy.

And er.. I shall pass on the porsche challenge ;) :D But wouldn't mind a Mazda day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts