Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Ipod integration kit and while I was at it, installed the mazda accessory dash trim. I purchased it along with the door handle covers and parking brake handle cover. I decided I didnt like those pices and am up in the air about the dash trim. My intent was to add a little color to the vast expanse of black. I also installed a Speed3 shift boot.

Any thoughts on whether the dash trim looks OK or tacky?

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Looks good with the other red that is on the dash...of course thats just my opinion. As long as you like it thats all that matters.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=67808.msg1167906#msg1167906 date=1169698305]
How much was the dash trim?
[/quote]

WAY too much. I believe it was close to $90.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Not to bad, i might get one.

I heard they were going to stop makeing them, or maybe it was just the door trim inserts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Hate to ask but how much was the Speed3 shift boot

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=YearOfTheRat link=topic=67808.msg1167977#msg1167977 date=1169702201]
Hate to ask but how much was the Speed3 shift boot
[/quote]

Between $45 and $50. Closer to $45, I believe.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I've got the door and dash pieces in the Velo Hatch for the same reason. Interior of the MZ3 is like a light show in a cave. I wasn't sure about them after the install, but I've come to like them. It does help to have the Velo on the outside, too.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
If only Mazda did them in a color that can be used in any MZ3...the blue and red colors they offer don't quite match my copper red ext... :?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
That looks good. I've wondered how they looked because the only pics I've seen kinda sucked. I may consider those to break up all the darkness as well.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking about keeping it and covering the leather part of my door panel, where the handle and lock are, with red suede.

·
Registered
600 Posts
You need to take close up pics so people that actually see how they look from near. I have the same dash trim and really like it. Soon I'll have the door trim to with my door grips covers in red.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[quote author=PierreB link=topic=67808.msg1170197#msg1170197 date=1169829364]
Soon I'll have the door trim to with my door grips covers in red.
[/quote]

My dash and door bits were a gift. I've thought about the grip covers but they are so insanely, outragiously over-priced, there's just no way.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
hey ... trim looks great .. but do urself a favor and just sand, prime, paint it urself , cost you about 10 bucks! dont forget too clear coat it !

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I thought about interior trimming it up but I decided against it because I have leather seats. I think if I had the two tone cloths or if the trim came in brushed aluminum I might have gone for it. But alas, stepping into my car will continue to be a treacherous journey across the event horizon into the black hole of my interior.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[quote author=PierreB link=topic=67808.msg1170197#msg1170197 date=1169829364]
You need to take close up pics so people that actually see how they look from near. I have the same dash trim and really like it. Soon I'll have the door trim to with my door grips covers in red.
[/quote]

I'm selling my door grips and ebrake cover.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the same dash trim piece in my car and I love it. What makes it even better is the checkerboard pattern which in my opinion looks better than solid red. Looks great in person.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I have the OEM blue dash strip and door trims as well. I think it looks really good in person but not in pics for some reason. I also got the door grips but I haven't installed them yet.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts