Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my wifes 3 I wanted to get the winter floor mats and rubber fitted trunk mat, but they weren't available yet. Anyone know if these are available now?

I'm also anxiously awaiting for 3M to release the clearbra for the 3 so I can get it put on ASAP!!! I bought and new black car a few years ago in december and by the end of the winter it looked terrible! :( I might as well have taken a sandblaster to the front of my new car... I don't want to see that happen to the new Mica Black 3 HB. Anyone in New england get one installed yet?

·
Registered
882 Posts
They should be, my dealer said they could order them in for me. Said the mats would take 5-7 days but past experience would say 2ish business days. The all weather mats were $110cdn for the set. A bit steep for what I wanted right now but I might get them next year. Right now I'm just using some generic winter mats that fit well enough and cost me $15. ;)

The cargo tray I can't say but there should be one available, from what I gathered from the dealer is that anything showing in the accessories catalog is available right now but you might have to wait a few days for it until the dealers build up stock.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yup

I bought the all-weather Mazda 3 mats for $107 Canadian. Rip off. They fit well, but too small for water dripping off of them. Well, water AND salt. Yuck. I had to put other carpet mats underneath to catch the stuff falling off the plastic mats. Also, they don't protect where the foot rest is on manual cars. More salt collecting there.

Believe me if/when you buy them and see them, you'll say "$107 for these? What was I thinking". Pure cheap plastic junk with little holes in it to hold water. That's it! Oh, and of course little Mazda 3 insignias on the front mats.

·
Registered
233 Posts
factrzero, thanks for the head up on the all weather mats, I'm about to order them but now has changed my mind...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, sorry you had to be the quinea pig for the mats, but I don't think I'll be buying them after hearing what you said. I guess I'll start searching for some winter mats that fit well enough, and cover the footrest. I'm not sure how you could find one to cover the footrest too, but maybe I'll get lucky.

·
Registered
62 Posts
BudgetM3 said:
I'm also anxiously awaiting for 3M to release the clearbra for the 3 so I can get it put on ASAP!!!
I am having it installed on mine when it comes in February for $495 at Mazda Gallery in Norwood. My finance guy said my friends can get that price too (PM me), I'm guessing he is making pretty good change on that. I'm almost positive it's going to be a custom cut peice since the 3 is so new. The price is better than anybody around town has been quoting me though, and it's for the whole front end. The company is called Autobahnd http://www.autobahndint.com. Man I'm giving these guys major press. :?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got the all weather mat and cargo mat for my sedan at lower price than quoted above. I think the mat was okay except that the hole on the mat does not quite align with the hook under the driver seat. For the cargo mat, I was expecting a cargo tray, but too bad there is no cargo tray for sedan. I think the cargo tray is much more useful especially in a situation in which something spilled in the trunk.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I don't believe that there is a rubber cargo mat for the sedan, I think the cargo mat that Mazda offers for the sedan is just carpet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
accesories

Jimida, I bought my mz3 at Mazda gallery too. After all the salt and sh*t on my car I'm thinking about that clear bra thing.

Any other suggestions for all weather mats other than the overpriced mazda ones.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jimida said:
BudgetM3 said:
I'm also anxiously awaiting for 3M to release the clearbra for the 3 so I can get it put on ASAP!!!
I am having it installed on mine when it comes in February for $495 at Mazda Gallery in Norwood. My finance guy said my friends can get that price too (PM me), I'm guessing he is making pretty good change on that. I'm almost positive it's going to be a custom cut peice since the 3 is so new. The price is better than anybody around town has been quoting me though, and it's for the whole front end. The company is called Autobahnd http://www.autobahndint.com. Man I'm giving these guys major press. :?
I've contacted a company that does most of the clear bra installs for the local dealers in eastern Mass. He said last week that 3M should have a kit out this week or next. It's not the company you mentioned, and I'm not sure I will ever do business with the Norwood Gallery either! I went there when I was looking to buy my 3 and they were VERY pushy and giving me the 1 day offer routine trying to suck me in. It wasn't a pleasurable experience at all, so I walked out on them. Ended up going to Quirk Mazda in Quincy and got the same car for a couple grand less with no haggling on price, or dealing with pushy salesmen. I was in and out of there with a new car in a hour. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know what you mean. I dealt with both the sales people on the floor and the internet manager. The sales people are pretty pushy, but I knew I wasn't going to deal with them in the first place, just went there for a test drive. The sales guy told me that most people that they sold to were buying at MSRP. I went the internet guy and I got it for 2.5% over invoice, not great but not bad. But if any of you guys want I can hook you up with the clear bra price I got (again not great but not bad).

·
Registered
882 Posts
You know what I did with that 1 day schtick is I waited until 5 minutes before they closed and called them saying that I got my wife interested and was wondering if I could come in a couple days and show it to her when she had a day off. I sucked them right in and got a couple days to do some more reading and figuring.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts