Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Maybe anybody could help me? :(
I bought mazda 6 2,3 from US, though I live in EU. All US units get me nervous: miles, farenheits and radio odd frequencies.
Is it possible to switch them somehow manualy to EU units?
Thank You in advance!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hmm, im not 100% sure. I know you could definately get the sheet for your gauge cluster that has the proper units how you like them and i imagine its a simple swap out. As far as the radio frequencies, im not sure- you could ask a local dealership if it can be flashed. You may have to purchase a european radio though. I think there might be a way to switch F -> C or vice versa with radio controls although i'm not sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=Zorminster link=topic=66596.msg1143239#msg1143239 date=1168472508]
Hmm, im not 100% sure. I know you could definately get the sheet for your gauge cluster that has the proper units how you like them and i imagine its a simple swap out. As far as the radio frequencies, im not sure- you could ask a local dealership if it can be flashed. You may have to purchase a european radio though. I think there might be a way to switch F -> C or vice versa with radio controls although i'm not sure.
[/quote]

So, I find, how is possible to switch F to C- you must push the button "AMB" and hold for a few seconds 8)

And radio... Oh, that's the question...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Eu radio frequencies are different. thanks to the damn US goverment and TV! Unfortunatly my understanding is that the Eu radios are different and i know no way of converting one to the other. The temp display will switch easy enough. do a search and you will find that info as for some reason if you disconnect the radio, the temp display defaults to C and eveyone here in the us at one time or another has had to figure out how to switch the damn thing back to F hahahahha

The US radios it is a two or three button push deal. i have to search for it everytime myself as i can never remeber that damn thing.

The spedo....Sorry i cant help you with that one. Best bet is to search EU eBay or a spares yard and see if you can find a used EU radio and speedo cluster.

Zc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts