Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been some discussion on the other boards regarding less than expected gas mileage of the Mazda 3.

Mazda 6 owners (with the 2.3 liter 4 cyl engine): How much gas mileage are you getting with your car?

Please state if you have automatic or manual transmission.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
the only 6 owner on this board who owns a 4cyl is lilkoala, I think. The rest of us own v6's. I'm seeing around 23mpg on the 6 board

·
Registered
135 Posts
My friend has a 6 4cyl, and has about the same work commute I do (~65-70miles each way); he's getting 29-30mpg at around 80mph on the highway. Car is a 5sp.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Someone apparently forgot the other 6i owners on the board.

So - my 6i has an ever-upward-trending mileage. It was't bad to start with (24+ in mixed driving) but lately I've been seeing 25/26 city and well over 30 (33ish) in all-highway tankfuls.

Bear in mind that the winter gas forumlations have faded out of the market (you shuold notice a 5% or greater mileage spike), and also that I switched my car to Mobil 1 0W20 SuperSyn synthetic oil VERY early (1200 miles). Revs smoother, wears better and improves mileage. Best 40 bucks you can spend every 5K+ miles :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have a 6i MT, and I get about 27mpg in mixed driving, and as good as 32mpg mixed. I can get about 33-34 mpg hwy driving, but I haven't taken a pure hwy trip yet. My mileage goes down rapidly when it's time to change the oil. With 4500 miles on Castrol GTX 5w-20 I was getting 24 where I normally get 27.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts