Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. First i would like to say i am a member of mazda6forums too and i look at the forums everyday but i dont post anything, and i think its about time i post something. im thinking about getting the m6 hatchback but im also in love with m3 sedan too. I wnat u people to inspire me to get M3. START now!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm torn between 6 and 3, too

I'm also torn, in my case between the 6 hatch and the 3 hatch. I'm dying to know if / how one could get two road bikes in the cargo area of the 3, or maybe one bike and my baby daughter's kit (stroller, toys, etc.). I'll just have to wait until both hatches are sitting at a local dealership to see. The cargo areas of the 6 and the 3 are very different shapes, but both look like they would work well.

Also, I'm mighty curious to know the curb weight of the 3 hatch. I know there have been guesses, but nothing official yet from Mazda.

It's nice to see this forum exists! Looking forward to seeing more "official" information here.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice if they held "Guess the weight of this car and win it!" contests, like they do turkey?

I think the biggest question when considering the two vehicles is "What do I want in a car?"

The 6 definately has performance over the 3 (v6 at least), and it also has more room. It's also a bit more costly, but still at a very nice car for the price.

The 3 is smaller, so it weighs less, and has less power, so I think we can assume it gets better milage. It also costs less, so that is also nice. I think the 3 is an over-all well rounded car.

So if you want more performace and room, but are willing to pay a little more, I think the 6 is better. If you're looking for a nice ride, great styling, room is not too much of a concern, but cost is, then the 3 is better.

Personally, the 3 fits me better as a student, but I was also in the same situation as you, considering both. Now I'm set on the 3.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Another dude here trying to think of getting yellow sport package M6 V6 hatch auto or mazda3 orange color 2.3L with all possible features. Hahaha. I guess when they both come here, I'll drive them em both and see.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mazda3 is much lighter and more agile than the Mazda6. Better for cornering and drifting fun. If anyone watched InitialD, its sort of like the Trueno vs the Nissan Skyline GTR....... well, very exaggerated but you catch my drift.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like how this forum is organized, ive seen some forums for other cars.....whew.... messy. Yeah, on the 3, is it going to be cheaper than the 6 for sure (decent trim). Im not looking for power. Im just really looking for something that will turn heads... :D

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
AC24 said:
Mazda3 is much lighter and more agile than the Mazda6. Better for cornering and drifting fun. If anyone watched InitialD, its sort of like the Trueno vs the Nissan Skyline GTR....... well, very exaggerated but you catch my drift.
Drifting? No, probably not. Cornering yes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think the relationship of M3 and M6 are seems like Alfa GTA Series
(147&156)....M3 is make for the young people ...M6 is make for
the families

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Well... sorta, yeah. Since young people usually can't afford anything but small econoboxes, and since families need the greater room of a midsized car, yeah.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Well gas mileage will be better in the MZ3 than the MZ6. Being able to make a U-turn in tight areas would be a breeze in the MZ3, but not in a MZ6. Insurance could be an issue. Price? How much do you really want to spend? How much room do you need in your car? Performance. The 6 will kick the 3 azz in accelaration. etc etc.

·
Registered
98 Posts
good point. Yeah, the 3's also seem sportier. But I think the 6 is more practical due to it's larger size. I'm not gonna be driving a full size anytime soon though. I still have an 83 Buick LeSabre custom that's like driving a boat around town.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Frank said:
Sorry but no, the 6 will never kick 3's ass. Yes it's more powerful, but the 3 will surely have more HEART than the 6 (in 4-cyl version...)

Lighter, sportier. That's the key.

-Frank
Tru Dat. The four banger 6 is slow.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I checked with my insurance company on a 2004 Mazda6s, and insurance was only going to be $150 more every 6 months. I have a 1999 Protege LX right now.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Kazbaeden said:
Insurance could be an issue.
I always though insurance on a compact would be a bit better than a larger car. Perhaps, maybe not because they would get mangled in a compact vs SUV collision?

:lol: Yeah getting hit by a H1/H2 or (Snickers)THE BIGGEST SUV EVER MADE would suck.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Then again a compact, depending on the driver, could possibly avoid the crash more easily than the SUV driver would be able to.

I'd like to got to school for high-speed tactical driving.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
This is a double-edged sword: one one hadn the compact suffers more damage so the compact driver should have higher insurance to repair his car, but if the SUV is prone to cause more damage, shouldn't the truck driver also be charged more b/c his vehicle causes the most damage?
Who's side do you take?

Bottom line: the ins. co. are screwing ALL of us (especially in Ontario).

1 - 20 of 67 Posts