Mazda3 Forums banner

I have over 100K miles on my car AND...

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how reliable are the Mazda 3 with the 2.3L & 5spd Auto Transmissions?

If you got over 100,000 miles, please let us know how many miles exactly you have on your Mazda3, problems, breakdowns, etc., that you experienced...

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have 119,000 on my 05 and the only real problem that I haven't purposely done myself is the a/c compressor just went out a couple weeks ago. Other than that I have drove the piss out of this car and love it. Would buy another one if I could right now.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've got 102K or so on my 04. At 61K I had to replace an oil pressure switch, and an O2 Sensor. Nothing any more major than that yet :irock: Probably need to get the compression checked, I know I need tranny flush, fill and filter. Also need to switch out my power steering fluid, to get the air out so it will quiet the hell down, and preserve my pump.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've got 106K on my 04. I am about to replace the motor mounts, probably should have done them sooner. Engine is running rough during acceleration, replaced plugs and air filter with no improvement. This is the first problem I've had. At 32K dealer replaced all brake pads and rotors under waranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've put 125,000 on my 3 and have had little go wrong. The biggest thing i've had to do was the thermostat replace. And now i'm finally start to mod the balls out of it. Let you know what happens at 150k. :eek:perator: :tgm3:

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I got my car used (05) with a boat load of milage i think it was around 119 or 120 when i got it, its now at 123 + k (as far as i been tould) cars been trouble free only thing i had to replace was the break pads

·
Registered
111 Posts
129,000 miles. Replaced the purge valve twice, all motor mounts, transmission mount, A/C is starting to have issues with going on and off. Overall good quality, the only reason why I would consider buying another is because of the local repair shops that specialize in Mazda's for when the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm at 100,453. Only CEL I've had was my fault. "CAI mixed with overly enthusiastic rinsing after a wash." I love this car.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Wow guys.. I have to tell you I'm not that impressed with mazda 3's that have over 100,000 miles. It seems like all of you have had to replace motor mounts and have had other problems. I know with VW's and Audi's it's common to replace mounts.. but on an economy car? When was the last time you heard of someone replacing a civic motor mount? or a corolla motor mount? Mazda has got to get their act together.

·
Registered
223 Posts
[quote author=superfly72701 link=topic=137525.msg3340262#msg3340262 date=1253851688]
Wow guys.. I have to tell you I'm not that impressed with mazda 3's that have over 100,000 miles. It seems like all of you have had to replace motor mounts and have had other problems. I know with VW's and Audi's it's common to replace mounts.. but on an economy car? When was the last time you heard of someone replacing a civic motor mount? or a corolla motor mount? Mazda has got to get their act together.
[/quote]

You're worried that the motor mount has to be replaced? I have over 215,000 miles on my Mazda 3 S & yes I did replace the upper mount about 100,000 miles ago but i still get 28 mpg & sue about .5 to 1 quart between oil changes ( I go 8k- 10k) & so far I have had no engine troubles.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
im gettin to 140, so far no major issues havent had to replace ne thing....

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
[quote author=71spitfire link=topic=137525.msg3404447#msg3404447 date=1257477375]
[quote author=superfly72701 link=topic=137525.msg3340262#msg3340262 date=1253851688]
[/quote]

You're worried that the motor mount has to be replaced? I have over 215,000 miles on my Mazda 3 S & yes I did replace the upper mount about 100,000 miles ago but i still get 28 mpg & sue about .5 to 1 quart between oil changes ( I go 8k- 10k) & so far I have had no engine troubles.
[/quote]

Could you take a pic of your odometer? I want to the the miles. I caint believe it lol

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
119k and 4 seasons of autocross. No major problems. Dealer broke my clutch master cylinder, motor mount (not that uncommon), brakes, tires, and changing fluids. Changed plugs at 100k too.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
[quote author=rubyred3 link=topic=137525.msg3438054#msg3438054 date=1259688892]
119k and 4 seasons of autocross. No major problems. Dealer broke my clutch master cylinder, motor mount (not that uncommon), brakes, tires, and changing fluids. Changed plugs at 100k too.
[/quote]

I want to see a pic from the odometer! :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
[/quote]

When was the last time you drove a Civic or Corolla that was more fun than a vacuum cleaner? Toyota and Honda need to get their act together. :D

Coming from owning a VW I find the Mazda to be a nice balance between the driver's cars like VW and Audi and the appliance cars like Civics and Corollas. That and you can't get a Civic hatchback these days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 126,000 miles on my 05 s hatch. I bought it 2 years ago with 60,000 miles. 2 weeks ago I put 2,000 miles on it in 4 days for a work trip. No issues at all for me so far. Never had it in the shop. All I've done is top of fluids and change the oil. I'm getting the clutch replaced this week. It's fun to drive, I still get 29 or 30 mpg on regular.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys I am almost at 100k miles. Did you guys did any maintenance to your cars before i came to 100k? I have replaced the engine mount and rear mount but thats all to it. Never had any problems so far except cai sensor wire broke and had it repaired at the stealership. Also i drive my car every day and 500 miles every two weeks. Please let me know what kind of maintenance should i do.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
what fluids have you replaced? Brake fluid? Tranny fluid? Coolant? These are all things that should be replaced araound that mileage if they haven't already.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts