Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so I have a 2007 Mazda 3 I recently purchased. Been driving it for about 4 1/2 months it’s got 180k miles. It is a manual transmission. I am having issues getting it to start. I purchased a new battery and tried multiple jumps. We also Tried pop-starting it. My lights and radio turn on but the engine won’t turn over. There is no clock when I try to start it. Somebody please help!!! :///

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello, so I have a 2007 Mazda 3 I recently purchased. Been driving it for about 4 1/2 months it’s got 180k miles. It is a manual transmission. I am having issues getting it to start. I purchased a new battery and tried multiple jumps. We also Tried pop-starting it. My lights and radio turn on but the engine won’t turn over. There is no clock when I try to start it. Somebody please help!!! :///
Nobody can help? Orrrrrr

·
Registered
521 Posts
Is the new battery holding a charge? Sounds like the alternator isn't charging the battery, hence why pop starting isn't working as the system can't generate any current. Try a different battery and, when the engine is running, test the alternator. There are tutorials on YouTube which show how to test the alternator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts