Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone,

I am new to this forum and am interested in learning some more about an error that has started to come up with my Mazda 3.

If I am posting in the wrong place let me know.

The car is a Mazda 3 diesel hatchback- 2.2d SE-L NAV.

The dashboard displays the error lights in this photo.

20200831_192451.jpg

I have have noticed it happens when I comes off the acelarator and allow the car to slow itself while still in gear.

Does anyone have any information or knowledge on this error?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ha, its a weird issue, but I've seen it before, on my car!

I have a 2014 Gt, I know its different from your car, but I had the same thing happen to me. I purchased a MAF sensor to try to figure out another 301 compression error. Messing with the old MAF, I would get nearly every waring light light up sporadically. It was especially bad if MAF was unscrewed from intake housing while car running (troubleshooting). It started happening more and more, swapped it out and the light show went away.

I have no idea why mine was related to MAF, but no one else on any forum seemed to have the same issue. Worth trying a new 40 dollar part, or clean your MAF just to see if it helps. Very weird Mazda thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is so helpful thank you. I replaced one of the air sensors, it didn't seem to do anything. Did you replace the whole unit or just the sensors?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just replace the sensor. You may be able to clean yours and put it back in. My car had 75k miles, so it problably needed replacement anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car has a similar mileage. I will go ahead a replace it I think. I am handle with tools but don't know my way around a car really. Is it something I can attempt myself or do I have to get a local garage involved?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update

I took my car to get the codes checked. And they found:

ABS (Anti-Lock Brake System) 1 problem exists
- U0401:00-68 invalid data received ECM/PCM A

SCBS (Smart City Brake Support) 2 problems exist

• U0401:68-28 Invalid Data Received From ECM/PCM A
  • U0415:68-28 Invalid Data Received From Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module A

The problem persists and I have noticed that the idle has been rough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts