Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. This is my first post, and so far I've been very impressed with your community.

I have an issue that hopefully one of you can assist me with. My girl just bought a 2008 Mazda3 Sedan. Searching by its vin# tells me that it is an i trim, but I can't find anymore info than that. I have been researching the trim styles, and I have been unable to find anything conclusive. 'mazdausa.com' had the closest thing to a good list. The car doesn't have cruise control or power windows, locks, or mirrors, but it has a 2.0l engine with a 5 speed auto tranny, which I thought only came with the 2.3l engine. It has the ACI (edit), and it was a rental car previously. Its just confusing the heck outta me, cause it doesn't seem to follow what I'm reading about the standard equipment.

Any help would be appreciated, as I plan to upgrade her car pretty extensively, and it's nice to know what I'm working on, and for compatibility of parts. Thanks

-Firris

EDIT: I'm in the US

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what does that mean? It will shift all the way to 5, but its a 2.0l.

zetskee, What are you confused about? Its got some features from the iSport and the iTouring, plus a 2.0l engine with the 5 speed transmission from the 2.3l s engine. This is why I'm so confused.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Can you take a picture of the digital readout showing "5"?

What makes you say it has features from the Touring? Mazda packaging is pretty fixed.

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
did the i touring value have a 5 speed atx?

edit, n/m it doesnt... hmmm. weird.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
I think you guys are reading the OP and seeing it has all those options. He's saying it has no power options at all, making it the absolute base model 3i. The presence of the ACI (console input) means it's at least a 2007 model... btw the ACI and AuxMod are different things. ;)

Like the others have said only '06+ 2.3L Mz3's have the 5-speed ATX

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
if he can get a pic of the digital cluster reading 5 for which gear its in how do you explain that mr. remi? :p

im perplexed.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=stephanie link=topic=137855.msg2973437#msg2973437 date=1236104235]
if he can get a pic of the digital cluster reading 5 for which gear its in how do you explain that mr. remi? :p

im perplexed.
[/quote]

The only way a 5-speed ATX got into a base model US 3i is for the transmission to have been replaced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't get a chance to go over and take pictures today. However, she says the gauges are black, not white. Also, my apologies for calling the console auxiliary input the auxmod. I didn't realize there was a difference.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=csfprophx link=topic=137855.msg2974868#msg2974868 date=1236148236]
I didn't get a chance to go over and take pictures today. However, she says the gauges are black, not white. Also, my apologies for calling the console auxiliary input the auxmod. I didn't realize there was a difference.
[/quote]

Well you're excused this time, just don't let it happen again. :nono: :p The ACI is the OEM input on '07+ models. The AuxMod is an aftermarket audio input.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Zet,

Yes, its an '08 sedan 3. The dealer classed it as an i with a 5speed tranny. I haven't had a chance to verify the information myself, I'm just going by what the dealer page says, and what my girl has told me. I know assuming is bad juju, but I would expect the dealer to at least know a little bit about what he is selling. This has been driving me nuts since I started researching upgrades and modifications.

Dealer page: http://www.easyautosales.com/used-cars/2008-Mazda-Mazda3-i-Sedan-6875676.html

-Firris

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=csfprophx link=topic=137855.msg2974950#msg2974950 date=1236158010]
Zet,

Yes, its an '08 sedan 3. The dealer classed it as an i with a 5speed tranny. I haven't had a chance to verify the information myself, I'm just going by what the dealer page says, and what my girl has told me. I know assuming is bad juju, but I would expect the dealer to at least know a little bit about what he is selling. This has been driving me nuts since I started researching upgrades and modifications.

Dealer page: http://www.easyautosales.com/used-cars/2008-Mazda-Mazda3-i-Sedan-6875676.html

-Firris
[/quote]

I think that may have been your problem. Try going into a Mazda dealership sometime, find the least experienced salesman and ask them if it's called a RX-8 because it has eight cylinders. Always fun. :)

Oh also you know it's really simple/easy to add the OEM cruise control to the car? If that's something she's interested in that is.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
That is an I model. If the gauges are not white faced and there is a 5ATX then I would be very worried as the car has gone through some extensive reworking.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts