Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
i jus came back from the richmond auto mall today and asked about the new mazda 3, the sales told me that theres only the 2.0l engine for the hatchback version of the mazda 3... and it also says that on the printed list of options and pricing information, but also on that pack of info it says the GT version is always wit the 2.3l engine..
i also remember seeing that on the website aswell.. now im very confused.. so is the Mz3 hatchback only available in 148 hp? or is there an option for the 160hp version??

thanks= )

·
Registered
432 Posts
The Sport GT definitely has the 2.3L engine, coz i got one already.

And believe it or not, 90% of the M3 Sports they have at the back are GTs. My salesman brought me there to look at mine few days ago, and almost all of them has the roof spoilers.

I guess they figure people would opt for the GT for that little price difference from the GS. In the case of the sedan, the lowest model starts at around 17K.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
The hatchback only comes with the 2.3L engine, doesn't matter if you choose the GS or the GT
for the sedan, you get the option of 2.0L or 2.3L

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm sure some of the salesreps still can't the M6 facts right, which has been around for a while, not to mention the new M3. We probably know more specs than they do! lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hehe yeh i was pretty sure the hatchback came wit the 2.3l engine too but the sales was so sure bout was he was saying.. and he kept insistin that i was wrong n he was right hehe..

·
Registered
17 Posts
salesman needs to go over the Mazda3 online courses :roll: i think they were just released a week ago :\

i think before that the only info they got are from the brochures whichi sometimes don't *say* alot.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
hehehehe... yeah, we definitely know more than they do.

it's funny how salespeople fudge facts in order to make sales.
However, keep in mind that they have to know facts for atleast 6-8 different cars, including the MPV, the 3, the 6, the RX-8, the Tribute, the Protege lineup, etc.

But still... atleast know something about the MZ3 :) That's what forums like these are for!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts