Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I’ve just gone to put on my headlights at night and have found 3/4 of my lights have gone out (both headlights and driver Parker).
This is weird as they were all working yesterday and doesn’t make sense that they would all fail at once.
I had 2 spare headlight bulbs in my car, changed the passenger one and it worked fine.
However, when changing the driver side headlight and turned on, it started smoking and we had to turn it off and take it out. The connection was secure so a loose connection most likely isn’t the cause.
What could it be? Do I try to replace the globe again tomorrow?? Or is there something deeper I need to fix first?

Any help would be super appreciated!

·
Registered
Mazda 3 Skyactiv
6 Posts
I never had a problem with the headlights on my 04 (that I traded in) or the headlights on my GF's 04 sedan (still has it). If they're foggy, I think you should look into polishing them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check your alternator's voltage output (simply put a voltmeter's probes on the battery's + and - posts and start the car) . With no accessories turned ON, it should be around 14.2VDC to 14.6VDC. Be sure and also rev the engine and watch the voltage. If it is higher than 14.8VDC, then that is too high and it can blow the lights prematurely.

There could also be an intermittent short-circuit in your light's electrical circuit, BUT, that should blow the associated fuse and not damage your lights, UNLESS someone has placed the wrong (higher) amperage fuse in the fuse box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts