Mazda3 Forums banner

Mazda 3 - Shared platform with new Volvo S40 and V50

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  cowtown 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Wow... Volvo did a fine job of making the wagon look truely awful. The sedan isn't too bad...

Ack... I'll take the Mazda, please.

#5 ·
Yeah pretty old news, it also of course shares the platform with the 05 Focus. Yeah I don't mind the new Volvo's though, actually haven't minded their styling in quite a while, they have a certain look and while it isn't always cutting edge or awesome it's got something I can't put my finger on...

#6 ·
Cowtown, you should specify that the new Ford Platform (C1) will be used by Volvo (S40) Mazda (mz3) and Ford (EUROPEAN ONLY focus) There is no word on when Ford of NA will start using the platform. Guys over at www.focaljet.com are saying not until 2007-2010 M.Y.
That new Volvo is a beautiful looking wagon...but IMO the Mz6 "sport wagon" kicks its ass all over the design studio! That 6 wagon is freaking sharp!
Cheers.
Tim

#8 ·
I saw the new '05 V40 and V50 here at the Montreal Auto Show, and they look really good. The interior looks well made, and that center panel that "floats" over the dashboard down to the shifter looks very interesting.

Is it worth almost twice the price of a MZ3? Not sure, but it sure looks nice in person.

#9 ·
fleecy said:
I saw the new '05 V40 and V50 here at the Montreal Auto Show, and they look really good. The interior looks well made, and that center panel that "floats" over the dashboard down to the shifter looks very interesting.

Is it worth almost twice the price of a MZ3? Not sure, but it sure looks nice in person.
I don't think it is quite 2 times the cost of a Mazda3; most sources are saying between 25-30K USD which is about 7-10 K more. Is it worth it? Maybe? But I am satisfied with a Mazda3 :)

#12 ·
Ouch, the 05 Focus better be an improvement in other ways then, cuase most manufacturers are coming out with improved designs in that segment this year and next. They don't want to become the dated member of that category, it could hurt their healthy sales of the Focus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.